Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BIG BIs and BIG Tris..Needsize? Bigho? Buehler...

JKurz1

Banned
Arms are the one bodypart that I can't get motivated to train...........don't know what it is, but I just don't get the pump, nor do I feel I can ever get the intensity high enough.........looking for suggestions and routines to be posted.............I do:

TRIS:
Close Grip (sometimes on the SMith to really tuck the elbows, relieve wrist tension, etc.....) x 4
Skull crushers (lying on the floor) x 4
Pushdowns x 3
Dbell O/H Press x 2
Kickbacks x 2

= 15 sets

BIS:
Either str8 bar or standing Dbell curls x4
Incline curls x 3
Preacher x 3
Hammer curls x 3
Isolation dbell x 2

= 15 sets
Finish with 2 sets of dips, concentrating on near lock-out...(instead of deepness, per chest)

I like training arms. Ive had to really blast them to off set the longness of them. Right now Im at 19.5 cold and I could use another 2.5 inches. I started training tris first and I really have seen a differance in the overall development of my arm.

Here is the routine I use:

Tris
close grip bench 4x8-10@225
skull crushers 4x10@120
Dbell O/H Press 4x8@100
v bar cable pressdowns superset with db lying skull crushers 3x8 all 3 sets are done to failure but I can only useually get 8-10 becauce I go heavy as I can.

Bis
bb curl 5x10
95lb warm up
115 for 10
135 for 10
145 for 10
155 for as many as I can with ok form useually 8

preacher curl superset with seated db curls.4x8 preacher@110 and db@50lb

incline db curls 4x10@50lb dbs

hammer curls 4 sets of running the rack. Start at 30 for 10 to 40 to 50 to 60 to 70 for as many as I can.

To finish if I feel like I need to I do db curl with my arm hanging freely in front of me and bent over to a 90 degree angle. 3sets of 8 very slow and flex hard at the top @35lb

This wokout takes a while, useually about 1.5 hours some times more depending on where Im at and what Im on in my cycle.

See....I got this feeling that many people think that high volume results in decreased muscle size and strength event hough theyhave never tried it and/or are too lazy to put forth the effort required..........Now, I'm def. not calling anyone out.....and I believe whole heartily that if it works for you, keep doing it...don't re-invent the wheel, but you never know whats out there till you give it a shot.......

Arms- Tris first, then bis

On Friday's:
tris: close grip bench - 135x10-15, 225x10, 275x10, 315x8-10
weighted/seated dips - body weight x10, 100lb plate x 10, 2 100lb plates x10-25
overhead db presses (two hands) or skull crushers
overheads - 80sx 6-10, 120x10 (3 sets)
skulls - 25sx10, 35sx10, 45x10s, 50-55 x 6-10
rope extensions - 30x15, 40x15, 50x15

bis: standing db curls - 35s, 45s, 55s, sometimes 60s or 65s (all sets of 10)
hammer db curls - 45s, 55s, 65s (all sets of 10)
preachers - 25s on ez-bar (3 sets of 10)

On Tuesday with back, just for some extra definition
wide grip barbell curls - bar + 10s, 20s, 30s, sometimes 40s (add 10s each set, all sets of 10)
concentrations - 30s-35s (usually 2 sets of 10, sometimes 3 sets)

triceps all i do is close grip benches, and supinated chins work biceps enough for me, you really dont need that much volume from arms, considering they basically grow with the rest of your body, and theres absolutely no way you need 15 sets for a bodypart as small as biceps

You need 15 sets, sometime more.................this is a necessity.............just ask BigBoss ^^ hell, my brother does about 18-20...........that's for each one...........

I dont know why people try to sum everyone up into one catagory. EVERYONE IS DIFFERANT!! jezzus......I see people talkin about doing 2 or 3 sets per bodypart and for me that is retarded but it works for others. Some people need volume (arnold) some dont(coleman)it depends on the person. Think about it for a minute.....if we all reacted the same we would all be doing the same routines.

BIGDHO said:
I dont know why people try to sum everyone up into one catagory. EVERYONE IS DIFFERANT!! jezzus......I see people talkin about doing 2 or 3 sets per bodypart and for me that is retarded but it works for others. Some people need volume (arnold) some dont(coleman)it depends on the person. Think about it for a minute.....if we all reacted the same we would all be doing the same routines.

Very true...............actually 90% of bodybuildiers DO need the extra volume.....Coleman trains with multiple sets.........matter of fact, it's DOrian and Mentzer who use the one set theory........I don't know how it WORKS, I just know I need more to FEEL............

Well, not to spark up an arguement, but the body will grow due to the amount of stress placed on it, right? So, instead of using 15 sets to reach that level of stress, what if you could muster up enough intensity within 2-3 sets? Wouldn't you opt for that? Have you ever given lower volume, with a much higher intensity a try, Bigdho?

I respect your progress and all, you seem to know what the hell you're doing, but low-volume makes sense to me. Though I won't argue that high-volume works, no doubt about that.

Top Bottom