Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BIG BIs and BIG Tris..Needsize? Bigho? Buehler...

1. I try to hit bis twice a week (friday w/ tris and tuesday w/back, but only 2 exercises w/ back).
2. triceps make up two-thirds of your arms.

3. i use to destroy bis first, now only tris first. Plus before i started grad school, i hit reverse grip bench for tris and not close grip, even though i can do the same weight, i didnt get the results.

4. i have added several inches in the last 20 months to my arms. Previous 3 years maybe an inch. I never focused on tris before.

I would probably avoid it, but i hate the smith machine. The big thing about close grip is to adjust your grip so it is comfortable. We both have broad/wide chest's, so dont go to close. I suspect your wrist flexion is coming from going a little to narrow. When i lower the weight on a close grip, my wrists touch the outer edges of my pecs. If i go to narrow my wrists hurt like hell. I line my hands up with my outer two fingers on the texture and middle & index on the smooth part of the bar, probably 8" apart or so.

About high intensity training. I used to train high intensity thinking it was the only thing to do in order to grow. Then I never thought about why I wasn't getting anywhere or why I was getting injuries like knee problems and rotator cuff issues. DUH! I follow HIT guidelines for training and have increased my weight, I don't look flat anymore (I'd always get great pumps but would just be flat a couple days later), now I look leaner, yet fuller, I've gotten bigger. I'm far from lazy, not many people in the gym match my dedication nor my diligence. But I'm glad I can work out in less than half an hour and have progress.
Biceps are such a small muscle, to do all that work just doesn't sound logical to me, but hey if it works for some people then great. How about some synthol for the guy who posted this thread and call it a day? :) A couple bottles possibly? Two for each arm. :)

Uhm, you mean about high-volume training, don't you? You're saying you used to do that, then went to HIT, correct? I agree, I don't think you need that much volume to grow. Especially not 15 sets for a small muscle like the biceps. Still, if it works for them, it works. No one cares about how you got there. Do you see them asking at a bodybuilding competition "Now, you trained how?" "Uhm, high-volume. About 20 sets per bodypart" "Disqualified!". If that were the case, well, that'd just be fucked up and some people would have bullets through their heads right about now.

The results are all that matter.

Whoops, Tom you're right. I slipped up. I meant to say that High Volume training wasn't working for me. Then I went to High Intensity Training and have gotten very good results. Thanks for catching that one.

JKurz1 said:
High volume today boys...........anyone else?

arms for me today as well..wasnt a very good w/o compared to my usual..bout 12 sets ech for tri's and bi's
cg bench
skulls v-bar pushdowns
bbcurl
d-bellcurl
hammers
drag curls(did these last and kinda lite just to get feel..im liking them.) my wrist was friggin killing me today doing curls so that kinda put me in a bad mood..

Top Bottom