Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BIG BIs and BIG Tris..Needsize? Bigho? Buehler...

Tom, when i did DC training i rarely worked my biceps directly (supinated chins only), and they are now one of my best bodyparts. Heavy, intense pushing and pulling have made my arms better than they have ever been. I think when you are putting in that much intensity to tons of compound movements your arms are going to grow.

Big component is ROIDS or NO ROIDS. Much more difficult to do high vol. naturally unless done as a shock routine.

punch said:
Big component is ROIDS or NO ROIDS. Much more difficult to do high vol. naturally unless done as a shock routine.

I don't beleive so.........I've been train high volume with arms on or off.......maybe I recoup a tad faster on, but that's all........

JKURZ....nothing against AS use by any means...I had this discussion w/ my best friend who has competed and is currently on a cycle. It would be very difficult for me to keep up w/ his arm routine naturally and yes recoup time is a big factor. I find that if I train my BIS/TRIS w/ a complimentary larger bodypart ie..Back/chest I get a great workout.

Heres what I do:

Mon: Chest/Bis/Tris w/ emphasis on Bi's

Wed: Legs/Shoulders

Fri: Back/ Bis/Tris w/ emphasis on Tri's

if need be I may hit one of my larger bodyparts again on Sat or sun. I do 2 different excersizes for arms on Mon and same for Fri. As it is, this maybe too much, however its my priority. I will be going into competition next year.

Punch,
You pretty much have to hit bis/tris with other major muscle groups since you are training 3 days a week, sometimes 4. I did that for my entire time in undergrad and i felt great. However, when i finished undergrad i started training 5 days a week. In the past 2 years i have put on 40lbs, probably 30lbs of muscle. When i did a 3 day routine i never concentrated on back or legs, i know my own stupidity. Now they are an integral part of my routine.
Lastly, i love high volume training and im all natural. I am fortunate to recover quickly, very similar to Jkurz1.

cwick0 said:
The best example is to talk to some big boys, which as the numbers prove, who have huge arms. It appears that all of us to high volume and whala, you can see the dividends. It must be magical.

REMEBER ONE THING...it takes a guy who lifts heavy weights for his muscles to warm up. It takes me at least 4 sets on bench to finally warm up. If i were doing less weight i could warm up faster, but that isnt the case. One, okay very few can, who does 315 on bench doesnt just throw 315 on the bench and rep it out. They have to warm up to it.

Lastly the one set phenomenon is complete bs. I would be absolutely shocked if you had big muscular arms!

Couple of things right fast. Coming from me that means 5 minutes ;) :p

I don't think high volume's magical. It didn't do much for me, which is a shame since I love training and being pumped :supercool.

In fact, the one set stuff, which I know you love :), helps me grow best. And for the record, my arms aren't puny and nonmuscular, nor are Doggcrapp's or his disciples' (check out the training forum at Chad Nicholl's Muscle Mayhem...several of his guys, some of whom are natty, are posting pictures and obviously growing like crazy).

That said, any low volume guy who says he doesn't do warm-ups is lying, stupid or both. I definitely agree you can't just throw around 315 without warming up...doing so would be foolish!

I suppose one could therefore say Doggcrapp, his guys and I don't do "one set" as such; with 3 or more warm-ups, we might do as many as 6 "sets" of an exercise. Example for bench press:

135x10
185x6
225x4
275x2
315x1
345xfailure

However, since all but one set is very easy/non-taxing, we don't count them. Specifically, we don't count them as "work sets" because they're not the efforts that stimulate growth--the last one @ 345, taken to failure plus rest-pauses, is.

-Sean

guldukat,
Im glad the low volume training works for you. Unfortunately if i only did 30 or so reps like you are saying for bench i wouldnt even get a workout. It takes me 30 reps just to get warmed up. Plus, anything below 315 on bench i dont count, same goes for other exercises.

cwick0 said:
guldukat,
Im glad the low volume training works for you. Unfortunately if i only did 30 or so reps like you are saying for bench i wouldnt even get a workout. It takes me 30 reps just to get warmed up. Plus, anything below 315 on bench i dont count, same goes for other exercises.

Coolness :)

I hear you. Volume works well for a lot of people--yourself included. (I've read some of your stats. Impressive, especially for a natty!)

Different strokes fer different folks I guess ;)

Top Bottom