Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BIG BIs and BIG Tris..Needsize? Bigho? Buehler...

Word. I love training arms more than any other b/p, and they are my best b/p. I think the part that you love to train will most likely be your strongest and largest mainly because you train it with more intensity and in most cases, more volume. Here is my core arm workout, I change it up a lot though:

Tris:
Skulls 4sets
CG-Bench 3sets
Overhead Extensions 2sets or Pulldowns dropset
Finish off with dips + added weight

Bis:
BB Curl 4sets
Incline Curls 2sets
Preachers - 3sets supersetted w/ Hammers

I'll switch between doing tris first and bis first. Sometimes I'll do bis every other, with tris in between, and vice versa. Keep the muscles guessing I say.

Tom Treutlein said:
Well, not to spark up an arguement, but the body will grow due to the amount of stress placed on it, right? So, instead of using 15 sets to reach that level of stress, what if you could muster up enough intensity within 2-3 sets? Wouldn't you opt for that? Have you ever given lower volume, with a much higher intensity a try, Bigdho?

I respect your progress and all, you seem to know what the hell you're doing, but low-volume makes sense to me. Though I won't argue that high-volume works, no doubt about that.

Ya Ive tried lo volume hi intensity workouts. I used max weight every set and though I would get a good pump I didnt get much growth. I am in the prosess of changing my whole aproach as I am now under the watchfull eye of swolecat. He is going to take me to the next level. Whatever he says I do and it has worked so far. I also have a new "suplement coach" that has helped out greatly.

I think the most important piece of advice that anyone can come away from here with is that there is no one ideal workout for everyone. That said here is my arm workout for tonight.

close grip press- 4x6-8
incline elbows out extensions- 4x6
db extensions- 3x10
rope pushdown- 2x10

db curl- 4x8-10
hammer curl- 3x8
preacher curl- 4x8
bb curl- 3x8

Remember, don't worry about what someone else is lifting, just keep pushing yourself.

big4life said:
I think the most important piece of advice that anyone can come away from here with is that there is no one ideal workout for everyone. That said here is my arm workout for tonight.

close grip press- 4x6-8
incline elbows out extensions- 4x6
db extensions- 3x10
rope pushdown- 2x10

db curl- 4x8-10
hammer curl- 3x8
preacher curl- 4x8
bb curl- 3x8

Remember, don't worry about what someone else is lifting, just keep pushing yourself.

AGREED! But, isnt it ironic how everyone's routine is at least 9-10 sets for each? Either most of us have the right idea, or most of use are complete idiots.........at least we agree..........

I probably am overtraining........that is why I pay professionals to do the work for me. I think Im at the point where I either get pros to help or I get happy with where Im at......And thats not going to happen.

The best example is to talk to some big boys, which as the numbers prove, who have huge arms. It appears that all of us to high volume and whala, you can see the dividends. It must be magical.

REMEBER ONE THING...it takes a guy who lifts heavy weights for his muscles to warm up. It takes me at least 4 sets on bench to finally warm up. If i were doing less weight i could warm up faster, but that isnt the case. One, okay very few can, who does 315 on bench doesnt just throw 315 on the bench and rep it out. They have to warm up to it.

Lastly the one set phenomenon is complete bs. I would be absolutely shocked if you had big muscular arms!

i would almost agree with 15 sets for larger bodyparts, but for arms???? your arms are worked indirectly with EVERY pushing and pulling movement, besides when you train legs. I dont see the logic in beating up such a small bodypart with multiple sets after they have been hit from doing chest, shoulders, and back in the week. Just my opinion

Just a little observation i do like these threads that jkurz has started!! there is no one right answer here..I dont know how many sets you should be doing but a beginner should not be doing 20 sets each for bi's tri's..Its something that needs to be worked up to over years of training..Personally 2 sets to reach the level of stress equal to 15 just aint gonna happen!!But my main point is what is overtraining??? If i do 20 sets and completely recover to be able to do it again in x days with the same intensity or greater am i overtraining?

True, 2 might not be able to measure up to 15, but it's the main point of the game diet anyways? I supposed 2 sets may be a little too low, but 15 too high. Moderate volume would probably be best. Then again, it's just easier to take somewhat a grey path rather than black and white, since it's kind of getting the best of both worlds. Did I make any sense? I'm rambling.

I noticed after my DC training sessions (maybe an hour later) I can put in almost as much intensity as I did earlier. Not quite as much, but still muster up a lot of strength. Should I maybe add in some more volume then? The program has worked for everyone who has followed it to the letter, but I don't feel the least bit overtrained. I do get a nice workout, I'll admit, but I'm wondering (because of all these damn high-volume advocates) if a little more would be ideal...

Tom Treutlein said:
True, 2 might not be able to measure up to 15, but it's the main point of the game diet anyways? I supposed 2 sets may be a little too low, but 15 too high. Moderate volume would probably be best. Then again, it's just easier to take somewhat a grey path rather than black and white, since it's kind of getting the best of both worlds. Did I make any sense? I'm rambling.

I noticed after my DC training sessions (maybe an hour later) I can put in almost as much intensity as I did earlier. Not quite as much, but still muster up a lot of strength. Should I maybe add in some more volume then? The program has worked for everyone who has followed it to the letter, but I don't feel the least bit overtrained. I do get a nice workout, I'll admit, but I'm wondering (because of all these damn high-volume advocates) if a little more would be ideal...

whats up bro LI here too!!! we may disagree on the volume bit but if what you are doing is working than do not change until you stagnate and arent seeing progress..Yes diet is always key in achieving our goals..also if you feel you can do more fine but incrementally add more volume..maybe add 2 sets of another ecercise see how that goes for a few weeks then bump it up again..i think that applies to almost anything diet, training, gear etc..

Top Bottom