Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bicycling for leg muscle mass/str?

furious

I have started cycling about 20-30 miles a week at a very high speed. Noticed the sweep in the quads come out, plus calf size, str. I origanally started to ride to get out on the beach and get some sun, but once I noticed the legs improvements, i added it to my regular regimen.
Question: Now I ride 20-30 miles a week, one day of leg work (moderate intensity as I am still recovering from my layoff) and 2 days of sprinting on grass. Legs get basically 2 days rest out of 7... should I cut back on overall volume?

Thanks and peace.

Hey bro,

When I was younger, I was not training legs nearly as much as I am now, but I was doing a TON of mountain biking. I definitely noticed that my quads really blew up. I have not biked nearly as much lately as I moved to the city. Now I am training legs once a week. Bottom line is that if you are making the gains you want, then it's not too much volume. That might not want to be what you want to hear, but no one but you can determine whether or not you are beating your legs up too much.

ND

Bump,

I used to race BMX and had great leg strength and development, much better than i've ever had since i stopped riding. You only have to look at guys like Lance Armstrong or even track racers legs and they're up there with any amateur bodybuilder, probably better

Top Bottom