Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

biceps, triceps, and shoulders in the same day?

azfender

I have been doing biceps and triceps on MOndays.
Shoulders on wednesdays.
And the rest of my workout the rest of the week.

Because of my work schedule and other things, Sometimes i would like to do bi's,
tri's and shoulders all in the same day.

Is this considered overtraining?
Should i not do this?

I know these excersizes involve the same muscles in many cases, and shouldnt be worked
two days in a row, what about all in one day?

Thanks for any replies!
Brad

It depends on you bro. That sounds completely unhelpfull, but noone can say what will work for you. I switched last February to a 3-day workput week(M, W, F), where I was training Chest Shoulders , and Tris on the same day. Quads, Hammies, and Calves all on one leg day, and Back, Traps, bis, and forearms on the other. The workout I used for YEARS before that was always quite effective for me. In that routine, ach muscle was rested 9 days between lifts. If you've ever seen Gunter Schliercamps routine, it is almost exact as this one. I just needed a switch to see what happened, so I turned to the M, W, F routine. It was a bad move. I know that 9 days between shoulders, chest, or whatever routines seems like a lot, but for me it is imperative I get that much rest. I need the rest. So I switched back to my old routine 2 weeks ago, and am already seeing results. Try the new routine you mentioned though brother, by all means. You might be the exact opposite as myself, and that new routine might blow you up like never before! You simply never know until you try it yourself, but nooone is going to be able to tell you how it will indeed effect you.

Last edited:
I think this is a great combination:

Here is a possibility:

1. Seated Barbell Presses - 3 x 5-8
2. Up Right Rows - 2 x 8-12
3. Bent Dumbbell Laterals - 2 x 8-12

1. Close Grip Bench Presses - 3 x 5-8
2. Lying French Presses - 2 x 8-12

1. Barbell Curls - 3 x 5-8
2. Incline DB Curls - 2 x 8-12

1 Behind the Back Wrist Curls - 3 x 10-15

This workout should only take 50 minutes to 1 hour tops.

Overall, its a great choice!

I used to do shoulders...then superset triceps with biceps on Fridays...loved it.

B True

azfender said:
I have been doing biceps and triceps on MOndays.
Shoulders on wednesdays.
And the rest of my workout the rest of the week.

Because of my work schedule and other things, Sometimes i would like to do bi's,
tri's and shoulders all in the same day.

Is this considered overtraining?
Should i not do this?

I know these excersizes involve the same muscles in many cases, and shouldnt be worked
two days in a row, what about all in one day?

Thanks for any replies!
Brad

The problem with this is that your biceps are hammered from back day, and your shoulders and triceps on chest day. I usually separate my days into either upper or lower body (i.e. a 2 way split) but the next best thing is a 3 way split, where you lump the related muscle groups together:

Chest/shoulders/triceps
Back/biceps
Legs (quads/hams/calves)

Also known as push/pull/legs--this way makes a lot of sense to me.

I really also depends on what else you are doing that week and how much rest you will get. It definately is possible though.

Re: Re: biceps, triceps, and shoulders in the same day?

Back and bi's just seem to go together so well.

Triceps seems naturally in with the chest, and since front delt goes along with chest, shoulders basically do too.

Except I do rear delt on back/biceps day.

Top Bottom