Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps- Need An Explosion

COOKSTER

Guys I need some bicep help, cant get beyond 16 inches.

I do =- ez bar
double arm preachers
conc. curls

All heavy.

Any suggetions

COOKSTER,NO FLAME,BUT HOW HEAVY CAN YOU GO W/ ISOLATION MOVEMENTS.IN MY OPINION,THE MOVEMENTS YOU ARE PRESENTLY DOING,WILL NOT BREAK THE 16" MARK.ADD SOME BB CURLS,INC DB CURLS,SKULLCRUSHERS,CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS,OH TRICEPS EXT'S.WITH THESE EXERCISES YOU CAN MAXIMIZE OVERLOAD.STAY WITHIN THE 6-8 REP RANGE AND ALWAYS INCLUDE 8 SETS FOR BICEPS AND 8-10 SETS FOR TRICEPS.KEEP WORKING THEM AND WATCH THOSE SUCKERS GROW.

Remember, the Triceps make up 2/3 of the arm's mass.

If you want to look strong, get a big peaked bicep.
If you want to measure, work the Tricep heavy as well.

My problem is that my wrist & elbow is weaker than
my bicep. Think I could curl more weight if it
didn't put so much stress on wrist & elbow.
I got a squeeze ball for the wrist, & think it
helps, but the elbow is still a problem.
Suggestions?

Re. your biceps: I'm just a newbie, but I think I get
better results when I curl one arm at a time
than with any two-armed exercise.

Try wrist wraps, they worked big time for me. It not only allows you to lift more physically, but gives you a massive psychological boost as well.
See them poundages rise!!!

The guy with the biggest arms I've ever seen only barbell curls, super heavy and with a tonne of rest in between sets. To failure every set, forced reps etc.....

You could also try 21's for 3 or 4 sets as heavy as possible, then pyramid up and down on DB curls with little to no rest, to really pump up the bi's. I find it works great.

A general rule of thumb is that to add 1" to your arms, you have to add 15lbs to your frame.

In other words, eat a shitload of food, concentrate on the big lifts, and forget the curls.

I agree with Cackerot69,

I thought ... yeah ! do heavy barbell curls 6-8 reps ... do strict form ... yadadadada.... but I never went pass 16 inches.

So, I changed my strategy ... no more bicep curls ... and wham .... my arms shot up from 14.5 .... to 16.25 inches ...

I did reverse chin pull ups, close-grip bench press, dips ..... and I didn't overtrain arms

Top Bottom