Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps- Need An Explosion

Cackerot69 said:

In other words, eat a shitload of food, concentrate on the big lifts, and forget the curls.

Curl exist as an exercise for a reason.

That may not work for him. For example, I could get away with not directly stimulating my biceps and they would grow just by doing back and row-type exercises. My triceps are a different story. They will not grow just by hitting chest and shoulders. They need direct work.

You're right about the food, though. Gotta eat more to grow ... that's a universal BB truth.

Be careful with the EZ Curl bar, if you do the movement improperly or use too much weight when you first start out you can get a painful feeling starting from the wrist extending all the way down to the forearm. This is a bad pain, if you get it stop curling with whatever.

In my case when I first began curling I started out using reps of 48% my own bodyweight, I had weak and untrained wrists and forearms, a bigger right bicep (muscle imbalance) these are probably what contributed to the pain as I started curling more of my bodyweight 75% of BW.

Using the straight bar for curling I never really got this pain, only using heavy weight with the damn EZ curl.
Whenever I curl now (not using the EZ bar) and get home I get similar pain :(

Give Hammer curls (works bicep , brachialis, forearm flexors) and reverse curls a try. Giving mass and definition to the Brachialis is what can help give your bicep support and also make your biceps look better.

Last edited:
teslet
I have the same pain bro, it sucks. but mine is from straight bar curls. I have puny wrists (I'm talking small) and I have a pain from my wrist following the bone in my foreman to almost the elbow. Im sure it comes from my weak wrists and foremans.

I'm a huge fan of barbell curls as well. Nothing beats em for keeping my arm size. If you want to focus more on size don't fall prey to the 3 sets of 10 mentality. Try choosing many different bi and tri exercises and do only 1-2 sets for each keeping reps in the 8-10 range with short rest periods (30s-1min).

Mix it all up man. I do something new everytime I go to the gym which confuses my muscles to more growth

Top Bottom