Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps/Forearm Pain- Need help!

Gobus

Lately, when I do barbell curls with about 145 lbs, I have begun getting shin splint like pain in my forearms. I tried to switch over to the E-Z curl bar, but the pain remains. I train biceps once a week with Needsize's 5X5 routine, and my strength has gone up, but for the last 2-3 weeks the pain remains. I can't even get a good workout in my biceps anymore because my forearms hurt so much I can't go on. What other excersises can I do that will build my biceps but won't hurt my forearms too much. I've tried dumbell curls and preacher curls but the pain remains. Any suggestions?

Lots of people get these on here with heavy sets on barbell curls. Strengthening the muscles that open the hand rather than close it help.

Regarding the second question I found that switching to seated incline dumbell curls and or one arm dumbell curls on a preacher curl platform are two exercises that won't have that pain.

mrzap said:
Lots of people get these on here with heavy sets on barbell curls. Strengthening the muscles that open the hand rather than close it help.

Regarding the second question I found that switching to seated incline dumbell curls and or one arm dumbell curls on a preacher curl platform are two exercises that won't have that pain.

Thanks. What do you think of pull-ups with palms facing you, close together? I heard those build biceps pretty well too.

i know the pain you are talking about. i used to get it doing pulldowns. i got rid of it by flexing my forearms a LOT before a workout, bending my wrists every which way while doing it, and also doing a lot of wrist curls, overhand and underhand, with dumbbells for a bit more movement.

close grip pulldowns will work your bis very well (palms facing each other) and will hit your lats at the same time.

good luck! i know that pain, it's horrible and can ruin an entire workout.

I used to have this problem. I started working out my forearms and the problem went away. Try to use dumbells instead of a bar.

crak600 said:
i know the pain you are talking about. i used to get it doing pulldowns. i got rid of it by flexing my forearms a LOT before a workout, bending my wrists every which way while doing it, and also doing a lot of wrist curls, overhand and underhand, with dumbbells for a bit more movement.

close grip pulldowns will work your bis very well (palms facing each other) and will hit your lats at the same time.

good luck! i know that pain, it's horrible and can ruin an entire workout.

I will try that. Thanks for the help bro!

Sounds a lot like bicep and forearm tendonitis.

Where is your squat day in relation to your row and/or curl days?

I haven't been able to squat or good morning heavy for the past 2 weeks because of my torn hamstring and the pain in my biceps/forearms have gone away.

B True

mrzap said:

I find this to be true as well. When you open your hands the pain goes away right?

Honestly try this. Will sound kind of weird, but give it a try. Do you ever try curling holding plates? Try holding some 25 lbs plates and curl that (awkward, but your hands will literally be 'open' which is less stressful on the forearm). Let the plate rest on your forearm and put your finger through the hole.

Hey Mister said:

I find this to be true as well. When you open your hands the pain goes away right?

Honestly try this. Will sound kind of weird, but give it a try. Do you ever try curling holding plates? Try holding some 25 lbs plates and curl that (awkward, but your hands will literally be 'open' which is less stressful on the forearm). Let the plate rest on your forearm and put your finger through the hole.

Yes! When I open my hands(which I have to do very slowly) the pain goes away. I will try curling holding plates and see how that goes. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the advice bro.

Top Bottom