Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps

Straps limit bicep development?? Maybe forearms.. but how bis?

It takes bicep strength and forearm strength to hold the bar. Go ahead a squeeze a bar and tell me your bicep doesnt flex. The straps take away the stress from your forearms and bis and place it on your back. Your bis and forearms will still get some of the work load, but not nearly as much.

It takes bicep strength and forearm strength to hold the bar. Go ahead a squeeze a bar and tell me your bicep doesnt flex. The straps take away the stress from your forearms and bis and place it on your back. Your bis and forearms will still get some of the work load, but not nearly as much.

My bis dont tense when I squeeze... Just forearms. Using straps for lifts that incorporate bis wont make them smaller. You can lift heavier with straps if anything...

My bis dont tense when I squeeze... Just forearms. Using straps for lifts that incorporate bis wont make them smaller. You can lift heavier with straps if anything...

I never said they will be smaller,I said they wont get as much stress. And your bis are used to grip, they are still being taxed whether you realize it or not. If you feel the need to use straps than do so, but I wouldnt.

at your age you don't need to be messing with gloves, straps, belts, wraps, and all that other shit.

you want to develop everything as you grow into your 20's. worry about those things if you are maxing out in a PL comp or you get much older.

i am in my 30's and use none of that stuff so no reason for you being half my age to use it either

at your age you don't need to be messing with gloves, straps, belts, wraps, and all that other shit.

you want to develop everything as you grow into your 20's. worry about those things if you are maxing out in a PL comp or you get much older.

i am in my 30's and use none of that stuff so no reason for you being half my age to use it either

I only use it for shrugs. I can't grab 400+lbs without straps. Just can't happen. And the 110 DBS have very poor grip as well. I don't usually use them for anything else but traps. I'm a bber. Not a powerlifter. Grip strength doesn't matter that much to me

Thanks for all the advice everyone, that's great.

I've just been using the gym inside the complex where I live so I only have access to the machine for curls/21s and dumb bells.. There is no bar unfortunately.

From what you've been saying I think I'll drop the 21s and pick up hammer curls and concentration curls. But I'm not confident in what weight I should be doing. I find I drop massively after each set. For Instance I'll do say 15 reps on the first set at a given weight, then it might drop to 7 then 4-5.... Is there a general rule I can follow?

Again, all advice is much appreciated

Hammers will get your forearms more. Everyone is different so try curling on a bench at different angles till you feel it in ur bi not your forearm. Only non cable curl that works for me is if I setup my bench to incline then sit with my chest down and curl like that. Anything else gets forearms. Stupid conniving brachialus muscle

agree with steve...pullups...I dont think anything builds arms and back as nicely as pullups and its unlikely that you'll injure yourself doing it

its shame your gym equipment is limited because when you start feeling like the pullups have gotten easy you can start bangin out weighted pullups but you need a belt and plates for that

Top Bottom