Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

biceps

skippy

I've got long arms and my biceps are out of proportion with my body...when I do bicep exercises it is hard for me to get a pump in them...it's like my other body parts take over for it...pisses me off, I know pre-exhaustion for the major body parts...How many times a week should I train bi's???????????????:fro: THANKS

When you're doing curls, do you squeeze your bicep at the top of the excercise, the contraction point?

g, I try to squeeze at the top....S, Typically like today I combine Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's....Bi's I do alternate with one bi one tri....total bi exercises...standing barbell curls, dumbell curls, cable curls, bent over cable curls(that gives me the best pump) try to really get a pump by exhausting myself at the end on machine preacher curls..... sets and reps vary but I'd say 3 sets 8-12 reps....Schedule Monand Thur.-Chest and Back.....Tue. and Fri.-Shoulders, bi's and tri's.....cardio thrown in to keep the fat down, either early in the morning or after workout....No legs lately I know I need to start back....Sorry for the rant..:fro:

skippy-
one problem fior you may be that you are doing bi's the day after you do back. Personally, my bi's get a decent workout from back, as i'm sure yours do. I would try not to do those bodyparts one day after the other, it will cause you to over train.
What i do for my bi's that gives me a good pump is as follows:
Standing alternate dumbell curls- get at least 8, with good form, on each arm. 3 sets.

Hammer Preacher curls, with the EZ Bar. I like to do 3 sets of 10- 8 (the last one is usually a bitch to get up)

incline cable curls- 3 sets of 10

3 sets of 10 - dumbell hammer curls.

This has worked for me. Good Luck.

TD

Try this for a pump:

At the preacher bench, curl up 1/4 rep, then down, then a full rep.

Also see if your gym has one of those devices that hangs from a leather strap around your neck and is a bar that keeps your elbows in a locked position, isolating your bi's. Cant remember the name of the thing.

how much do those things go for? I am thinking about getting one of those. I have the same problem with skippy, but I just simply dont work my arms as much as I should.

Top Bottom