Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bicep/Tricep workout on same day or separate?

bigboss22

Hey guys, I just wanted to know some of your opinions on whether or not it is better to work out your biceps and triceps on separate days. Would they grow/recover faster, or does it not make much of a difference?

bigboss22 said:
Hey guys, I just wanted to know some of your opinions on whether or not it is better to work out your biceps and triceps on separate days. Would they grow/recover faster, or does it not make much of a difference?

i switch it up when i switch workouts.
ex. bi/tri
chest.tri
back/bi
chest/bi
back/tri
sometimes tri on shoulder days. i just hit them good when i do em and always try to keep them guessin.

doesnt matter much imo. insane arm pumps when they r the same day. whatever works best 4 u.

At the moment separate but i like to do them together every now and then .

brad.

It doesn't matter. You're muscles grow from resistance. However you give them that resistance is up to you.

perryscoon said:
It doesn't matter. You're muscles grow from resistance. However you give them that resistance is up to you.

I work Tri and chest, bi and back. because with chest you use tri's as secondary muscles (same with back) so may as well do them together and give them rest to build.

cobracock1979 said:
I work Tri and chest, bi and back. because with chest you use tri's as secondary muscles (same with back) so may as well do them together and give them rest to build.

Quick question; wouldn't it be better to do tri and back, then bi with chest ? That way you get two workouts for the tri and bi. Not to mention, if you push hard your tri's and bi's will be the weaker link when doing mass excersices. Just a thought.

stormin67 said:
Quick question; wouldn't it be better to do tri and back, then bi with chest ? That way you get two workouts for the tri and bi. Not to mention, if you push hard your tri's and bi's will be the weaker link when doing mass excersices. Just a thought.

There are positives and negatives to having a split such as this. While your peak strength will be higher if you train bi's with chest and tri's with back, you lose that warm up that in essense pre-exhausts your bi/tri.

As a general guideline, I think that if your arms are lagging you should train them by themselves earlier in your split, and if they aren't lagging you can train them with a larger body part.

Remember they are small muscles compared to the back, quads, chest, shoulders, and therefore I believe don't require the same workload. I can't remember the last time I did more than 12 sets for either my biceps or triceps.

Top Bottom