Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bicep training, preacher curl machine vs free weight

MrMuScLe%

The preacher bench makes me feel like my biceps stretch out too much, like I can tear them almost. Which method would you guys recommend the most for developing arm's muscle in general, biceps, fore arm ..shoulders etc..., I need an advice since I want to have my own equipment to work out at home, thanks!

The best is a variety. Each exercise trains the muscle in a slightly different way and puts a slightly different tension on the muscle fibres. The more different exercises you can do for biceps - the better.

It's kind of like your diet. Chicken is a good protein source but you don't want to just eat chicken. You also want to eat eggs, fish, lean beef etc.

I like to use dumbbells when using the preacher curl and train one arm at a time. You can really stretch the biceps and get a good contraction and mind muscle connection.

Remember to train the forearms as well as the biceps. The best exercises to train the forearms are wrist curls and reverse wrist curls.

I don't expect anyone to answer you the way I do, as everyone is more worried about mirin in front of the mirror. but if you really want to force bicep growth the #1 exercise that no personal trainer will tell you is weighted pullups PERIOD.

The preacher bench makes me feel like my biceps stretch out too much, like I can tear them almost. Which method would you guys recommend the most for developing arm's muscle in general, biceps, fore arm ..shoulders etc..., I need an advice since I want to have my own equipment to work out at home, thanks!

Thats the thing - when you do arms, dont be afraid to extend the muscle completely, but try to pick the weight so you could control the movement and not tear the muscle.

So Id say this is quite a good exercise to begin with.

I am biased because I hate bicep machines. I have shorter limbs and they never feel comfortable for me. I prefer to do pullups like Steve mentioned and also a lot of heavy curl varieties. There are so many different angles you can hit with dumbbels by using benches and different stances. Just don't curl in the squat rack!

Sincerely, I would not dare to call one or the other superior - these are different exercises, and it is a good idea to incorporate both of them in your routine, so that you will be getting the best of both worlds, and at the same time have some variety.

Top Bottom