Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bicep tear or just pain?

Bonnes

Yesterday was my first day of working out after along hiatus, and I really trained hard my biceps and chest. Now theright bicep feels very painful, like very bad – I have a hard timeputting the arm straight because it hurts me so bad. Can the musclepain be so strong after training, or I tore my bicep? Also, what canI do to reduce these pains?

You definitely did not tear your bicep. First of all,you would feel it – the pain is extremely intense. You would have avery hard time doing anything with your hand, and it would bevisually obvious that your bicep is not in place. Most probably it isjust the pain after training so hard after a long break. I find thata soft massage can be very helpful to reduce this pain, as well asstretching.

Trouble with straightening your arm after a layoff sounds more like you over-worked the muscle and the tendons are sore. It is better to ease back into training even though we are not programmed to do that. Just give it a few days and see if it starts getting better. You should not have pain after around a week.

The hand is getting better, so I guess it was just a very bad case of muscle soreness after working out. Never experienced that before. How do you deal with muscle soreness the next day after training?

I usually do some stretching - that seems to help me big time with post training soreness.

The hand is getting better, so I guess it was just a very bad case of muscle soreness after working out. Never experienced that before. How do you deal with muscle soreness the next day after training?

What hand? Yesterday it was your bicep. And all the tips we gave you for that are the kind to deal with muscle soreness. Read the replies.

the best way to beat soreness is to get conditioned in the first place

and the main way is SLEEP. and nutrition

the whole 'cleanse lactic acid' is bro science. it isn't lactic acid causing soreness, it is inflammation from tearing up the muscle fibers.

I don't do anything specific. If it is really bothering me then maybe some stretching but rest is what your body needs to recover.

Top Bottom