Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best workout routine for my specific goals

j2theoey

ive been into body building before...but my interests have changed. I still want to lift just not to get big. Its hard to break old habbits thought...and it still seems like i just bulk up when i lift even when doing 20-30 in cardio a day. The bulk is especialy in my arms. If anyone can help with just a general routine that would be great.

I can do anywhere from 3-5 days a week. I just want to stay lean and trim...not bulky at all. Thanks a lot.

joey

I would think that a routine that involved high reps 10-15 per set would be the way to go. I find that I grow more with the lower rep routines.

casualbb said:
Train however you want and don't eat too much, you'll stay the same size

No offense but that sounds like a great way to head for ketosis or some other energy meltdown. Eating is important, ok given that if you eat like you are bulking it is not gonna be good but you should eat normally to have the energy to workout.
High reps will make the body stronger and most likely not activate too much growth.

you're misunderstanding what I'm saying

when I say "don't eat too much" i mean "don't overeat." overeating, or eating above maintainance, is what makes us grow. Not high reps, not low reps, just plain overeating. If you don't do that you won't grow

Ok, I get you. But the thing is, sometimes I am really bad and I don't eat enough. I never eat enough anyway, I tried bulking a few months ago and it didn;t suit me so now I eat whenevr I am hungry and maybe 3 pro shakes a week and still I am growing all the time... Take into account that I am eating in the best of cases 140 grams of pro a day, usually under a hundred, I am 6.2 and weight 87 KG's like 185 pounds...

see ive heard so many people say though....your not going to do anything if you dont lift heavy....or your wasting your time.

or how would this training work out for me you think

DC Training
http://boards.elitefitness.com/foru...threadid=281068

or besides that when doing high reps and not really tearing the muscle down like people do when training heavy...how frequently should each part be trained

and for anything that i wanted more size too...i would just go heavier and less reps on right?

actually this right here is exactly how i want to look...i knonw i have the genetics for it. what type of routine should i do.

JacksonThumbs.jpg

how many exercises per body part do you think...reps....amount per week...and cardio

I think, to look like that model, you will have to have a good deal of muscle on your frame right now...ignore the BF for now. If you think you have enough muscle...I believe only intense cardio will cut you down to a physique like that.

What are your stats? Height, weight, measurments??

IMO, it is very hard to maintain an extreme low level of BF as in the picture you posted...it would require a year round diet, not many people can accomplish such diets and the cardio required.

5'10 165 30-waist not sure about my other measurments.

I guess my ideal weight from what ive read for my height and how i want to look is 155-160. Ive gotten to 160 before and i was pretty cut....but just not happy with my chest size and shoulder size.

I know right now my bf is about 10-12. you can see my stomach muscles but i have a lot of fat too loose...but ive only started back up for about 2 weeks now. Im already more tone then half the guys in the gym though...just not completly tone like that...which will come in time i hope.

but you think a strict diet will get me there that much quicker along with cardio. I try to get about 25 min of cardio in everytime i work out...somedays i just feel it though and ill push my self to the max and go for 30 but keep increasing my speed with each final minute. Im not sure what that will do...but it usually makes me feel great afterwords.

I guess also im finding out..some people believe that you dont need to do a lot of stuff for your biceps and triceps...they are getting worked in all the pressing and pulling exercises. If i have a problem with my arms tending to be bulky would this be a solution for me. They are very tone...especially shoulders...but they just seem to stay bulky...i dont want that...i want thin and cut. The only thing i want more size too as well as cut is chest. Anyway i found that interesting, but is it true.

thanks for your help...ill be waiting your reply

Top Bottom