Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best way to warm up before lifting

jonny653

I was wondering if cardio is a good way to warm before lifting to avoid an injury, and which cardio machine do you think is the best to do so, I was considering the thread mill but you exercise only your legs on it . I'm 20 years old and I want to start lifting with discipline, thank you for your advice guys.

Everyone has there own routine that works for them. I do light cardio for about 10 minutes on the elliptical machine and look at the cute women, stretch, then go lift. Others will do light weight bench press or squats. Good luck buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should always WARM UP before lifting.. good for you for understanding this being only 20

do not stretch before a workout, stretch AFTER

a great warm up is bicycling to the gym, this works great

or you can simply warm up going light for a couple sets. those of you who live in cold climates probably have to go much more

I always recommend doing a light 5-10 minutes of cardio before starting your workout to get your internal core body temperature up and central nervous system firing. The piece of cardio equipment you choose doesn't matter. I personally like the step mill because it warms up my knees really well.

Then, before moving into your working sets, always do a few warm up sets with lighter weights to get the specific muscles you are training that day warmed up.

For example, if you are planning on benching 315 for 5 reps for your first working set, your warm up might look something like this:
5 minutes on step mill
bench - 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 315 x 5 (1st work set)

I like doing my cardio after training. You could warm up with a few minutes before weight training or just do a few warm up sets of your first exercise.

A very light cardio or treadmill or cycling, followed up with some dynamic stretching is the best thing you can do before lifting.

Whether its a heavy workout or light, you will get the bloodflow going, as well as warm up the joints and be able to train more intense and be less stiff.

Top Bottom