Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to spawn calf growth

How do your calves respond best?

• Very heavy weight, lower reps

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Light weight, high reps

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I don't isolate calves...

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
Well the reason you dont train your back 3-5x a week is because you rarely use your back. We have been using our calf muscles for as long as we have lived, so i think you should hit them hard. Maybe not 5x a week, but most people dont train them hard enough.

2x a week is good but make sure you train them hard enough to make them sore the next day ALWAYS. HOld the top position for 1 minute, do 100 reps, do 15 heavy reps in5 minutes, etc

theres so many differant interpretations man, some say the calf is meant for endurance so treat it that way and do alot of volume, others say it is used to the volume so shock it by using low volume. Some say treat it as any other muscle some say train them nearly every day as they are made and adpated to recover fast. I dont know man I think the main thing is hitting them with intensity and if they arnt responding to a certain theory of training then change, one things for sure if you dont change in input then you wont change the output, if you know what i mean

theres so many differant interpretations man, some say the calf is meant for endurance so treat it that way and do alot of volume, others say it is used to the volume so shock it by using low volume. Some say treat it as any other muscle some say train them nearly every day as they are made and adpated to recover fast. I dont know man I think the main thing is hitting them with intensity and if they arnt responding to a certain theory of training then change, one things for sure if you dont change in input then you wont change the output, if you know what i mean

True brotha. Just hit them hard for at least 3-4 months and if nothing is changing then chance it up

I prefer squats and deadlifts to build my calves. I guess its really a genetic thing. I've done about 3 calf workouts in my entire life, and they're 19.5" rock hard.
According to ideal proportion articles I've read, my arms should be a similar size to my calves, so it sucks that they're barely over 17"

I've had good results from going heavy on the calf machine with my toes pointing forwards, about 6-8 reps for 5 sets. Then I do 5 more sets switching between my toes angled in & out with a little higher reps, about 8-12 reps. I keep cardio do a minimum but I do the stairmaster lightly a few days a week and when I do I'll make sure my calves get good pumps.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

But you will have to find what works. I will say my uncle raced for Haro most his life, mostly downhill mountain biking. He doesn't lift at all but his calves are fucking monstrous! So the endurance thing about calves could be true. I just find too much cardio depletes gains from the rest of your body.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

You will find the people with the biggest calves are fat people or former fat people. When your carrying around 300 lbs your calves need to be up to scratch. I started from 137lbs so mine are still quiet small.. However I have tiny joints so my ankle and knees make them look slightly better. Just like any muscle you need to continually overload them I hit them heavy twice a week and they are slowly growing

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

My calfs and legs are a "gift from god" I work them once every other week and they're the biggest part on my body. They're literally huge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom