Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to spawn calf growth

How do your calves respond best?

• Very heavy weight, lower reps

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Light weight, high reps

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I don't isolate calves...

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
you do 12 sets 6 times per week for calves, thats 72 sets all to failure per week? lol

Im using arnolds philosophy on calves. They need more work then any other muscle so i will give them more work then any other muscle until they are up to par with the rest of the body, then maybe i will stick to 2 times per week. blah, blah. blah, overtraining, blah blah.......your calves get worked every day you walk. 3 sets of seated calf raises arent gonna work. fat people and heavy people 200 plus, have big calves because they walk around putting more stress on the calves, therefore, their calves are bigger.

i like to stay around 10-12 for standing and donkey raises, and 15 reps for seated. i also double bounce so i start with my heals as low to the floor as possible, i push up with the ball of my foot, and i double bounce it to as high as i can go. thats 1 rep.

Im using arnolds philosophy on calves. They need more work then any other muscle so i will give them more work then any other muscle until they are up to par with the rest of the body, then maybe i will stick to 2 times per week. blah, blah. blah, overtraining, blah blah.......your calves get worked every day you walk. 3 sets of seated calf raises arent gonna work. fat people and heavy people 200 plus, have big calves because they walk around putting more stress on the calves, therefore, their calves are bigger.

i like to stay around 10-12 for standing and donkey raises, and 15 reps for seated. i also double bounce so i start with my heals as low to the floor as possible, i push up with the ball of my foot, and i double bounce it to as high as i can go. thats 1 rep.

how is it working for you? I wanna start putting attention on my calves but id rather get bigger squat and deadlift numbers first.

Its wierd, I dont know many kids my age that are as heavy as me, a few who are fat asses weigh about the same but still, Im a heavy kid and my calves are small... That is why now Iv started doing very low reps, because obviously endurance style training like the cycling I do and walking around isnt working.

how is it working for you? I wanna start putting attention on my calves but id rather get bigger squat and deadlift numbers first.

Well if youre gonna train calves heavy and almost everyday, expect to have sore calves for a while. it will go away once your body gets used to the weight, that just means you gotta add more weight. the sore calves doesnt effect my squats or leg press. well, everyone would like to have bugger numbers for squats and deadlift, but if youre calves are lacking, then your quads and calves will grow out of proportion. it depends on your goals. i like to have proportion, everything has to be evenly sized.

My dad has huge calves and doesn't work out. He says it is from walking the fields farming as a kid. Soft soil, carrying 50lb sacks of potatoes, uneven ground, maintaining balance...I think he might be on to something. Of course it was high reps multiple times a week.

i think that is genetics. huge calves is a common one. heavy people sometimes have them to. high reps on calves is not a bad thing. i personally wouldnt do it ew but thats because i have found that my routine of eowo works good for me.

Well if youre gonna train calves heavy and almost everyday, expect to have sore calves for a while. it will go away once your body gets used to the weight, that just means you gotta add more weight. the sore calves doesnt effect my squats or leg press. well, everyone would like to have bugger numbers for squats and deadlift, but if youre calves are lacking, then your quads and calves will grow out of proportion. it depends on your goals. i like to have proportion, everything has to be evenly sized.

I would train them heavy and have them sore i just dont want it to affect my squat numbers. It sucks having to choose to put more attention to the smallest bodypart on you but youre right i wouldnt want to have my legs grow even more out of proportion.

I would train them heavy and have them sore i just dont want it to affect my squat numbers. It sucks having to choose to put more attention to the smallest bodypart on you but youre right i wouldnt want to have my legs grow even more out of proportion.

Yeah bro, if you dont train your calves, they still get worked with everyday walking and they get hit when doing legs but not enough to get them to grow, imo. i like to think that if my calves are to small, my quads will stop growing because your body wont allow your body to get out of proportion TOO much. thats why i always tell people to train legs because if they only train their upper body, the body will stop growing because its too out of proportion. i used to never train legs and was never happy with results. now i train legs with more intesity then any other muscle and im proud to say the squat has the highest numbers out of all my maxes. i never max out, but i just did 315 for 6 reps yesterday and i felt like i could have done 8-10 but i didnt want to risk injury since im dieting hard, no carbs, didnt want to risk it.

Yeah bro, if you dont train your calves, they still get worked with everyday walking and they get hit when doing legs but not enough to get them to grow, imo. i like to think that if my calves are to small, my quads will stop growing because your body wont allow your body to get out of proportion TOO much. thats why i always tell people to train legs because if they only train their upper body, the body will stop growing because its too out of proportion. i used to never train legs and was never happy with results. now i train legs with more intesity then any other muscle and im proud to say the squat has the highest numbers out of all my maxes. i never max out, but i just did 315 for 6 reps yesterday and i felt like i could have done 8-10 but i didnt want to risk injury since im dieting hard, no carbs, didnt want to risk it.

Hmm makes sense. well im def gonna start doing calves then! good squat numbers btw. Im getting 295x5 for my 5x5 program today its goin good

Top Bottom