Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to spawn calf growth

How do your calves respond best?

• Very heavy weight, lower reps

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Light weight, high reps

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I don't isolate calves...

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
yes but does your father eat a high protein diet like you? I ride my bike all the time too and my calves didnt respond at all from that. Lately Iv been doing extreme low reps on the seated calf machine and its brutal, I can feel the muscles working and when I go to stand up after they go all tight. They actually look slightly bigger already and Iv only been doing this for 2-3 weeks. By extreme low reps I mean usually my sets are 3-8 reps, most of the time I start off with a 2-4 rep set, do 2 sets with that weight and work up taking off 10lbs each set and do about 6 sets so my the lest day Im doing 6-9 reps, then I finish off with one higher rep set to like 10-12 reps where I stop at the bottom position and then explode and hold it flexed for a few seconds on each rep. But Im gonna do the routine I posted above next time just to try it out again :evil:

He doesn't eat much protein at all. He's almost a vegeterian. Most of the protein he eats is from fish and soy milk.

He doesn't eat much protein at all. He's almost a vegeterian. Most of the protein he eats is from fish and soy milk.

yeah, the point i was making was maybe the reason you both have big calves but his are bigger is because you eat a high protein diet, and its evident that you have the genetics for big calves so they respond to little work and with the high protein diet that explains why yours are bigger than your fathers :)

Calves are mostly genetic but the best way to spawn calf growth is super high reps with as much weight as you can handle. Your calves are tough mother fuckers and you really gotta beat them down to get them to grow.

i train them 2x per week.

i alternate between the following

#1- 3 overload sets about 8 reps on a seated
#2- 1 straight full rom with stretch pauses 25-35 rep set standing

6 days per week after my workout.

Standing Calf machine raises 4 sets to failure 300 lbs (as high as it goes)

45degrees donkey calf raise machine 4 sets to failure with 180lbs

seated calf raises 4 sets of failure with 90 pounds

instead of banging out quick reps and couting as fast as possible to the last rep, i just bang them out as much as i can until i cant even twitch them. i started this for about a week and i feel it getting stronger and i just cant wait til theyre not one of my weak points anymore.

i agree with high reps and low reps with calves. sometimes ill go really heavy to failure, sometime ill put a little less weight and do a couple more reps, but definitely train calves til failure. they get worked every day you walk, they need special attention for growth, imo.

instead of banging out quick reps and couting as fast as possible to the last rep, i just bang them out as much as i can until i cant even twitch them. i started this for about a week and i feel it getting stronger and i just cant wait til theyre not one of my weak points anymore.

i agree with high reps and low reps with calves. sometimes ill go really heavy to failure, sometime ill put a little less weight and do a couple more reps, but definitely train calves til failure. they get worked every day you walk, they need special attention for growth, imo.

I dont think high reps should be used for calves. Unless your rest-pausing. You use your abs when you get up, sit down, balance yourself, etc, but you still train them heavy.

I think just training your calves to failure will do them good.

I dont think high reps should be used for calves. Unless your rest-pausing. You use your abs when you get up, sit down, balance yourself, etc, but you still train them heavy.

I think just training your calves to failure will do them good.

my high reps is 15-20 reps. my low reps are 6-10 reps. im not talking about 50 reps

you do 12 sets 6 times per week for calves, thats 72 sets all to failure per week? lol

when arnold lost his 1st olympia due to poor calves being the major issue he started to work them everyday sometimes twice a day for multiple sets. so workig them 3+ times per week is a must for us hard gainers. also, ive read from many sources that standing or straight leg calf raises should be heavy and no more than 10 reps but for seated or bent leg raises should be for no less than 15 reps. stick to this stategy and ive gained 2 inches in the past year on my harder than anyone to gain size on my calves. i have very long and very high calves that measured out at about 12 inches to start many years ago. 2 years ago they were at 15" and now there at an almost respectable 17".

Top Bottom