Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way of increasing weights

Helinabel

If you can not have gradual incrementations in weights, how do you progress? I have kettle bells, but the weight difference between them is always at least 5 kg, if not more. So how do I do this – try lifting the heavier one for at least a couple of reps, or I should rather increase the reps with lower weight, waiting until I can lift the heavier one?

If you want to develop strength, you should rather go with the heavier one for as many reps as you can, even if they are very few. Gradually the reps will grow, as well as your strength. By lifting the same weight with more reps you will just develop endurance, which is not bad, but seems like not what you are looking for.

This is what I like to do.

Let's say you can lift 10 pounds for 10 reps. Each workout, try to lift the same amount of weight for one more reps. Try to get 11 reps, then 12 reps, then 13 etc.

Once you have hit a certain number of weights, pick a heavier weight and do the same thing all over again.

I see what Lev and Muskate say - I will try to increase reps with the weight I can lift easy, and then will go to heavier weight when I will do twice as many reps with the lighter weights. Thanks

Top Bottom