Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best way to improve pullups?

ireekofawesomeness

Big Bro
Platinum
at my old gym when i was a lot lighter they had a machine for pullups where it assisted you in the weight, and from using this i worked up to where i could do about 9 regular pullups on a bar with my bodyweight...now at my new gym they have a similar machine but it basically sucks, it doenst feel right and i dont feel my back working at all when i use it and its the only one they have...and i havent done pullups in a while and now im only repping out like 3 or 4 with my bodyweight, what can i do to get them, up?

do more sets if you can only do 3-4 at a time and eventually with a well rounded back routine you will up your numbers. if you do them on back day you might want to do them first when your fresh - i like to do them last though to finish my back off

more sets, initially try to shoot for 50(!) reps no matter how much sets of 3-4 reps it takes! , pullups and chins has a lot to do with grip strength / grip endurance. After every set, do not let go immediately of the bar, try to hang out at least 30 seconds or to failure, to develope the necesary tolerance.

CoolColJ those are both great articles but im actually having much motre trouble on wide grip pullups than chins, do you have any articles for those?

I suspend a jumpstretch band on the power rack and then have hannibal or project help me get my knees in it. Then I do pull ups from there and can use controlled eccentrics better too. I can do reverse grip close grip pull ups just fine, but my rotators are still working up to that, with regard to the wide grip ones.

Top Bottom