Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to build upper body

Numerik

I was wondering what kind of exercises do you do to help the chest, and arm region gain size and definition? What is the best and what should I avoid all together?

You need to worry about more than your chest and arms.

I'm stealing this list from Louden Swain:

Training: Keep It Simple. . Exercises for Mass:

thighs: squats, leg presses, hack squats
hamstrings: stiff leg deads, lying leg curls
calves: barbell toe raises, donkey toe raises, seated toe raises, leg press toe extensions
lower back: deadlifts, good mornings, hyperextensions
lats: rows (barbell, dumbbell, and supported), chins, seated pulley rows, pull-downs (all grips and width)
traps: deadlifts, shrugs (barbell & dumbbell), power cleans, up right rows, and high pulls
chest: incline presses, flat presses, decline presses, parallel dips, and floor presses
delts: push presses, strict overhead press, and seated barbell presses
triceps: close grip bench presses, bench dips, parallel dips, lying tricep extensions, lockouts, overhead dumbbell extensions, jm presses, and floor presses
biceps: barbell curls, incline db curls, preacher curls, seated alternate dumbbell curls
forearms: behind the back wrist curls, reverse barbell wrist curls, and hammer curls
abs: who cares?

-------

And you wanted to know exercises to avoid:

isolation moves like:
tricep kickbacks
concentration curls
lateral raises

You can do those moves when you're huge.. until then work compound moves

THX for the reply, and yes I know that I need to focus on much more than my chest and arms. But this is where people started telling me different things and I just wanted to see what you all thought was the best and most effective way to build this area up. Thanks again.

Heavy presses, especially incline press and military press are probably necessary. Building the shoulders up too will really help make your upper body appear generally larger.

KillahBee said:
mike- why no isolation exercises? I am assuming preacher curls fall into this category.

i think you have the greatest avatar ever....sorry just had to point that out. have some karma;)

kingc_79 said:

i think you have the greatest avatar ever....sorry just had to point that out. have some karma;)

lol- glad u enjoy it. I have some even better ones on reserve, but I am nowhere near sick of this one.

Top Bottom