Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best types of dumbbells

jakeja

I started working out from home recently because my gym went out of business and I don't feel like driving across town in the traffic just to get in a workout and waste gas for nothing. So I'm going to set up my own home gym. My question is what type of dumbbells should I invest in. I'm looking online and there are different types including plastic and iron is there really a difference between the two

I would get the rubber dumbbells get like 30-50 lbs and pump it I use those

Weight wise, makes no difference, but plastic ones are better in use

No and no.

The issue with rubber and plastic is what ends up making your first point wrong.

I can row a 200lbs (or more) dumbbell. In plastic it'd be 4 feet long. Rubber, even high density, is 3 feet long. Steel - 2 feet.

Rubber etc is ok for average. But who wants to be average?

The reason why some gyms are the way they are is many fold. Rubber (either covered or solid) damage the floor less. Many mainstream gyms limit the weights based on the kind of clients they want.

I think it's a kinda rule. If a gym had 250lb steel dumbbells... it's gonna be freaky. My kinda place.

rubber dumbbells are considered to be a safer choice than iron or chrome dumbbells. However, if you are allergic to latex or sensitive to strong odors, then iron dumbbells may be a better choice for your health ...

Top Bottom