Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Triceps Exercise ?

if you could only do one exercise....WHICH?

• cable pressdown

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • weighted dips

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • close grip benchpress

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • dumbell overhead extension

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • barbell french press

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • skull crushers

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • lying dumbell triceps extension

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • reverse grip cable extension

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
DECLINE Dumbell tricep extension - palms facing each other!

It recruits all 3 heads equally according to MRI scans
and off course you get a nice stretch as well, it also feels very comfortable.

It is to Triceps what the Incline dumbell curl is to Biceps!

I've tried everything from dips to pushdowns, and nothing beats this one!

CoolColJ said:

who does one do a DECLINE Dumbell tricep extension ?

CoolColJ said:

I disagree...Incline db curls are great for the biceps because you are stretching them.

If you want to stretch the tri you have to raise your arms. The more you raise your arms over your head the more you will stretch the long head of the triceps brachii. (since the long head is the head which originate from the scapula. Both the lateral and medial heads originate from the humerus.

No stretch in decline triceps extensions?! NOT

Try em ok and then tell me it ain't so :)

from Poliquin

61e1.jpg

61e2.jpg

MRI studies have shown that the decline dumbbell triceps extension is one of the most effective movements when it comes to recruiting the triceps. I find that it allows for a greater stretch of the triceps than almost any other exercise.

Lie on a decline bench and hook your feet under the padded rollers while holding a pair of dumbbells. Press the dumbbells upward in a bench press fashion. You're now ready to start the exercise. Use a semi-supinated grip so that the palms are facing each other. Holding the elbows stationary, lower the dumbbells down until the forearms make contact with the biceps. At this point, the end of the dumbbell will probably be making contact with your shoulders. Lift the dumbbells back up to the starting position by extending the elbows. The elbows, of course, should be the only joint moving during this exercise.

For the sake of variety, one can add a pronating motion at the end of the elbow extension (turning the palms away from you), which would add some more recruitment of the small anconeus muscle.

Last edited:
The way they are doing it in the pic is a decent stretch, because he is moving his humerus. If he were to leave his humerus perpendicular to the groung the stretch would not be that great.

I find the overhead ones uncomfortbale - hard to breath and they irritate my elbows. Not so in the decline version

CoolColJ said:
No stretch in decline triceps extensions?! NOT

Try em ok and then tell me it ain't so :)

from Poliquin

61e1.jpg

61e2.jpg

MRI studies have shown that the decline dumbbell triceps extension is one of the most effective movements when it comes to recruiting the triceps. I find that it allows for a greater stretch of the triceps than almost any other exercise.

Lie on a decline bench and hook your feet under the padded rollers while holding a pair of dumbbells. Press the dumbbells upward in a bench press fashion. You're now ready to start the exercise. Use a semi-supinated grip so that the palms are facing each other. Holding the elbows stationary, lower the dumbbells down until the forearms make contact with the biceps. At this point, the end of the dumbbell will probably be making contact with your shoulders. Lift the dumbbells back up to the starting position by extending the elbows. The elbows, of course, should be the only joint moving during this exercise.

For the sake of variety, one can add a pronating motion at the end of the elbow extension (turning the palms away from you), which would add some more recruitment of the small anconeus muscle.

cool..im a try them

Top Bottom