Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best tips for losing weight

packers6211

I am currently fown from 278 to 248-250 and need to be 175-190 to be healthy. I know it's hard and the more I lose the harder it gets. I was wanting some tips for best routines on weights and cardio along with some diet help. Thanks

can you post up your diet and training routine bro? people here could tighten the screws on it i'm sure :)

working hard and only few of eat food.Always go in the walk and doing exercise in open place.You find a different in your body.

Well I think that you should eat normally but dont over eat your self. Have health food like Salad's and what not. Keep drinking water and also do regular exercise, Maby do some daily jogging or something maby like 2miles or so. do it daily and you should start to lose weight

:jenscat

Absolutely bizarre advice being posted above but however...

OP: cut carbs right down, as close to zero as possible, except you can have maybe up to 50g targeted around training on training days. Increase protein and fat intake. Do cardio 3-4 times a week, and lift heavy weights, preferably a full body routine based around squatting, deadlifting, benching, chin ups, bent over rows, dips and overhead pressing. There is absolutely no way you will not lose fat by doing this.

Absolutely bizarre advice being posted above but however...

OP: cut carbs right down, as close to zero as possible, except you can have maybe up to 50g targeted around training on training days. Increase protein and fat intake. Do cardio 3-4 times a week, and lift heavy weights, preferably a full body routine based around squatting, deadlifting, benching, chin ups, bent over rows, dips and overhead pressing. There is absolutely no way you will not lose fat by doing this.

lol +1

but yeah like kane said, you should look up keto diet and carb cycling. maybe weight train mon/wed/fri and do cardio tues/thurs/sat or whatever works for you.

again, you should really post up your routine and diet for us!

Thanks guys. My current stats ate 5'5 248. I was 277 in agust of last year. My target is 175-190/ Just turned 20 last year. I work long hours so I train in the evenings. Work 6am-430 pm. Workout right after work. Normal routine is 20-40 mintures treadmill then two bodyparts, Normal biceps with back, tri's with chest, and then actually logs one day and shoulders another. My diet change last year when i decided no to diet,. but change the way of eating all together. I would even eat healhty food but portions were way to large which in return counter the health part. Now I eat three meals daily with snacks using nutts, fruit, and salads. My meals for breakfast consist of two eggs, 1/2 cup rice, with two slices of ham. Lunch varies day to day but normally consist of lean meat, veggie and salad or sweet potado. Super lean meat, veggies, and starch usually sweet pat, bake pat, rice. My drink diet is water, 2% milk one cup daily, and orange juice one in a while. I do not like soda except rare occasionn and don't even finish the bottle lol I'll buy a can now and then and drink half just to have the boost. Over years of letting my self get huge and although I have lost almost 50 lbs in two years, I only started eating healthier towards end of summer last year so I know it will take time to get my result.

Suggestions:

To keep the body from getting used to cardio; switch the mode every few weeks (treadmill, elliptical, stepper)

Train one body part per day with high reps and moderate weight, no more than a minute between sets, 2-3 days on/day off

Eat 6-7 meals a day ….protein comes from egg whites (3-1 ratio to yolk) chicken, turkey, tuna, LEAN beef (top round, sirloin) Carbs come from red potatoes, sweet paoatoe, yams, brown rice, plain oatmeal...

Lunch is lean meat? Deli meat=bad, grilled meat from the choices above=good...lose the ham, milk OJ and NEVER drink soda...

~EZ

I would try and take your knowledge a step further and spend some time writing down everything you eat and counting up the calories. You can use a site like fitday.com to do that. That will give you some idea of how much you are consuming in a day. It gives you a starting place and allows you to better track what's working and what isn't, where to make changes etc.

Train one body part per day with high reps and moderate weight, no more than a minute between sets, 2-3 days on/day off

I'd have to disagree strongly here. The OP is cutting, he is not going to be building muscle, so there is little point in doing a high volume low frequency body part split where you spend entire sessions chasing 'the pump' for individual body parts (and if you are training one body part per day I'm guessing you are suggesting that he do a dedicated arms session too, which will just be a complete waste of time in the gym). In fact I would not recommend this kind of training to anybody NATTY even when bulking, but that's for a different discussion. Full body FTW.

And again I disagree strongly about using high reps and moderate weight. I am guessing you are subscribing to the ancient fallacy that high reps 'tone' or 'cut' your muscles, which we all know is utter rubbish. Or if you're suggesting he does this simply because more reps = more calories burned, I would disagree also because it is very easy to create a caloric deficit with cardio and diet, but the name of the game when cutting is to hang on to your muscle, and so to this end it would be a lot more expedient to continue to lift heavy weights to hang on to as much muscle as you can. The amount of muscle you will save by continuing to lift heavy weights is a benefit that strongly outweighs the potential for burning an extra few calories by doing high reps (and that's not to mention the other benefits of lifting heavy weights such as testosterone release and increasing your metabolism, etc.)

Top Bottom