Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Time To Workout...

BadBoy

I usually workout right before I eat lunch and right before I goto bed. Should I be doing it at a different time?

The best and only time for me is after Meal one... so I start about like about 9:30 - 10. Which is perfect cus I start work at 1:00pm. So I can even fit in a real meal before work along with the post-workout bizness.

------------------
vrx2000.gif

Thanks for the replies. I workout for about 60 mins a day from Mon-Sat. Around 11:00AM and around 10:30PM. Hopefully I will see some gains or strength increase, whichever comes first is fine with me. I'm a tiny guy...

I have heard that you should not work out one hour before or one hour after eating. This is supposedly because during digestion, your body channels a lot of blood to your digestive system, thus depriving your muscles of this blood to lift (if you eat before) or to rebuild (if you eat after).

Also, I've heard that working out in the morning will increase your metabolism for the rest of the day, allowing you to burn more fat. (If that's what you want to do.)

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

Lifting in general boosts the metabolism, however, so it all depends on your goals. Many of us are trying to gain weight - so morning routines might be counterproductive to that goal.

I usually lift in the late afternoon about an hour and half before dinner (around 4pm or 5pm) or during the night about 2 hours before bed (9pm or 10pm).

For me, It's 5:30 AM. It's a bitch to get up that early every day but that's the only free time I have. That should be one of your concerns. "When do I have time every day to Dedicate to training?". If somethings always gonna interfere, it won't work. Also, I can't train before bed because afterward I'm all hyped up and stay up all night.

------------------
-Work to live
-Fish to live

Originally posted by patro:
I have heard that you should not work out one hour before or one hour after eating.

It makes sense to not eat a big meal before you work out. When you eat a big meal, you get sleepy and tired because all the blood goes to your digestive system. Last week i ate a fat meal before my workout to get my calories in, when I got to the gym, I was so tired that i had to cut my workout short

Top Bottom