Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best shoulder excercises, and Trap excercises.

mm107

High End Bro
Platinum
Hey guys i am making a very good workout routine.

Im putting together all of the real good workouts i can find and put together.

Here is my Split.

Mon: Shoulders n traps
Tue: Back n triceps
Wed: Chest and Biceps
Thu: Hams n quads
Fri: Calves

I follow each workout with Cardio. 30mins.

I basically know all the workouts for the other excercises but i never really focused on my shoulders or traps.

Im looking to do 3 sets for shoulders and i guess 3 sets for traps. Whats the best Shoulder/Trap excercises?

Thanks guys. K for good help =]

personally, I would do chest and tris together, not a day apart.

that aside, right now for shoulders I am doing:

Standing OHP
Seated military press
DB side laterals
DB crucifix holds

for traps I switch up between DB and BB shrugs. my traps get worked a lot with deadlifts.

MM107 said:

Here is my Split.

I basically know all the workouts for the other excercises but i never really focused on my shoulders or traps.

Im looking to do 3 sets for shoulders and i guess 3 sets for traps. Whats the best Shoulder/Trap excercises?

What's up bro. Sounds like you are on track. I would make a few minor changes though. I would set your split, if I were designing it, like so (do whatever you will on what ever day but I like to get the hard stuff out of te way first):

Monday: Chest & BI
Tuesday: Quads & 1 Excercise to get some blood into the Hammys
Wednesday: Back & Traps
Thursday: Shoulders and Tri's
Friday: Off (cardio only or straight rest)
Saturday: Hammys & BI & Tri day ( I throw whatever I want in on this day for a bit of extra work. it gives me a chance to work on an area that I may be concerned is lagging a bit but I always do hammys on this day to make sure I get them in and that they get good work)
Sunday: Off

Do Abs and Calvs every alternating every other day (one day abs one day calvs...) This way you are sure to get the work into the areas that may be neglected and you will get some decient core training in.

I don't know where you fitness level is but I would recomend doing yoru cardio on the stair monster (stair mill) in an ascending reutine as follows:

Day 1: 30 mins Level 3 or higher
Day 2: 40 mins Level 3 or higher
Day 3: 50 mins Level 3 or higher
Day 4: off no cardio
Repeat rotation

If your diet is on which I believe you are working on and you are doing your cardio early morning pre breakfast you should see awesome results.

Keep in mind you can run your splits how you will. I have used many different reutines but the one I outlined works well for me. Keep the intensity levels up and the workouts fast. Do lots of supersets and try not to do the same excercise more than one in a three week rotation. This will help keep your body guessing. Variety is key here bro.

Your results will depend on you. What you are willing to go through and how hard you are willing to push. If you want to live like no one else you must train like no one else. You must make the choice to joing the few 15% or live like the other 85% of the world.

Me personally... I want to live and look like the few 1% of the best. I have a long way to go but I good for it.

Good luck brother. Let me know if I can help. I know the reutine can be grueling but it is well worth the effort.

Gig

One of my favorite shoulder exercises is one that I sort of made up. It's a "morph" of the clean n press. I call it the upright row n press. Stand straight w/ the bar in front of u...shoulder width grip. Row it up to your chest, keeping it close to your body (just like an upright row) pop the bar n press it up. On the way down, be sure to keep the bar close to your body to get the negative effect. The only diff between this and the clean n press is the bottum half of the exercise (an upright row instead of a clean). My exercise takes your back out of the equation for better isolation of the shoulders. After a few sets, you'll feel it in all three delt heads and the traps.

amazing tips guys, i just put together a binder, with ALL excercises per muscle group and serperated it into muscle groups, SO I CAN HAVE variety like gig said. Damn all these pages i printed out (over 200) would have cost me a fortune if i didnt work in an office haha!

But guys thanks i really appreciate all this! Gig that is a good routine. You believe the stair mill is better then reg cardio? I never really used the stair mill, i know my gym has one because the threadmills are right next to it lol.

Guys thanks! Ill update some pics in 2 weeks or so, so you can see how fat i was and how FIT i am now! lol thanks guys!

I do believe that the stair mill is different and does work some areas that require a bit more effort. However, I believe that the key is early am cardio before your first meal! That is key.

The best shoulder and upper back work you could do would come from olympic lifts. Nothing gets them growing like that. Next, you'd want to focus on standing military presses and possibly shrugs.

MM107 said:

Here is my Split.

You do Chest the day after triceps? And START the rotation with shoulders after 2 days of rest? and you only split back and thighs up with one days rest?

ANYWAY (sorry i got sidetracked)

Delts:
Best: Seated dumbell Press

Close 2nd: Standing Barbell Press

Good: Cheat laterals, DUMBELL upright row

Traps: Power cleans, dumbell shrugs, behind the back barbell shrugs

REALLY FUCKIN HEAVY DEADLIFTS - RACK DEADS (build traps and delts)

Top Bottom