Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Lat Exercises

BTW, on chins: Keep your elbows back, use straps (if you need them), and imagine "pushing your elbows down" instead of "pulling yourself up." This will minimize bicep and forearm recruitment and maximize the strain placed on the lats as a shoulder girdle mover. Good luck and hit them hard.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

No one suggested deadlifts? No one? OK...I will. Heavy straight bar deadlifts. Of course...this will depend on if you want to have lats or if you want to have big and thick lats.

Time to wrap your hands around a cold piece of steel and give it all you got man.

B True

Originally posted by musclepump80:
genetiking, you have an awesome signature/quote!!

Hhaha!! Thanks, MP!

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Arnold, "Keep looking."

The two best exercise for lat width for me has been:

1) Lat pulldowns to the back of the neck
2) Seated narrow grip cable rows

These two exercises have been the mainstay of my back training ever since I started training. I've tried T-bar rows, barbell rows lat pulldowns to the chest but they just don't work like the two exercises written above. Every book I have read says that barbell rows and deadlifts are the two best exercises for building a great back. However those two exercises just didn't suit me. I think you have experiment to find the best exercises that work best for you. Just because someone or a book says this is the best routine to build a good back it doesn't mean its going to work for you too.

Originally posted by Sniperwolf:
I think you have experiment to find the best exercises that work best for you. Just because someone or a book says this is the best routine to build a good back it doesn't mean its going to work for you too.

Amen

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Arnold, "Keep looking."

I go with Sniperwolf and Genetiking on this. You gotta do whats best for you but I do agree with everyone else and say that pullups bent over rows and DEADS are best for a thick wide back. But Like was said before you gotta see what is best for you.

Top Bottom