Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Lat Excercises

Front or behind the neck pull downs?

Close or Wide grip.

Seated rows?

I am trying to figure out what excercise gets you to develop the nice V the most effeciently. Any thoughts?

gorilla grip pull-ups.

as many as you can do.

if you can do too many, then weight your legs.

behind the neck lat pulldowns can cause injury pretty fast, especially if form is off and weight is too high.... I usually stick to front lat pulldowns, both wide grip and close grip.... also do reverse close grip pull downs.... throw in some chins, cable rows / bent over rows

Thanks guys. I have been trying all of the above listed and have had some nice development, just wondering if anyone had any other exercises in mind. I didn't think so. I do not do enough wide grip pull ups. I am going to add those tonight though.

Some smith machine manufacturers claim that using a wider or closer grip is not necessarily better, it just decreases your range of motion. There is usually a sticker on the latpulldown machine that says that; and it makes sense.

yourmomgoestocollege said:
I do not do enough wide grip pull ups. I am going to add those tonight though.

This is by far the best exercise for acheiving the V-shape. Simplify your back routine. A lot of those exercises listed above are the same movement. Here is what I have done for years and my back is one of my best muscles:

Deads
Weighted Wide Pullups
Weighted Narrow Pullups
BB Rows

Throw in some hypers at the end and you got yourself a simple, yet punishing back routine.

tzan said:
This is by far the best exercise for acheiving the V-shape. Simplify your back routine. A lot of those exercises listed above are the same movement. Here is what I have done for years and my back is one of my best muscles:

Deads
Weighted Wide Pullups
Weighted Narrow Pullups
BB Rows

Throw in some hypers at the end and you got yourself a simple, yet punishing back routine.

Hypers in the same routine as Deads...OUCH!! I go heavy on deads..i couldnt imagine busting some hypers in the end...

Top Bottom