Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the best to increase cardio

LousEnrique

I was wondering between lifting and training MMA and high intense cardio what would better to increase my cardio resistance and endurance, I will registering myself to compete triathlon and cardio will be key , I have been doing lifting only so far with half an hour on the treadmill but so far I don't feel any improve on my resistance and endurance.

if you are going to do a triathlon you need to TRAIN for a triathlon

leave it to bodybuilders to think that lifting weights can put you in any sort of shape for a triathlon or a road race LOL! those are the guys i used to see at road races absolutely crapping out at the 1/2 mile mark

if you want to build endurance you train for endurance. this means you get off the treadmill and go bicycle, swim and run OUTDOORS. do you think lance armstrong trained in his living room on a stationary bicycle when he was training for the Tour de France? no he was outside doing MILES and MILES of bicycling in all kinds of weather conditions

You would want to train cardio to increase cardio.

I agree with Steve....there is nothing better than training outside. The ground will have many changes in elevation and you also wont have the treadmill propelling you forward like they do.

I agree with what has been said.

Remember that weight lifting, running, swimming etc are all SKILLS. How do you get better at running? You practice running. How do you get better at squatting? You practice squatting.

Since a triathlon is a mix between running, cardio and swimming - I would do a 6 day program where you focus on running, cardio or swimming each workout. That way you train for each event twice per week.

Top Bottom