x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

best form of cardio to improve fitness?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about best form of cardio to improve fitness? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: what do you think is most effective in improving your fitness? treadmills?exercise bikes?jumprope?breackdancing?etc.?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite_Fry

best form of cardio to improve fitness?

what do you think is most effective in improving your fitness? treadmills?exercise bikes?jumprope?breackdancing?etc.?

You should try cycling. Not spinning away at the gym staring at a wall but getting on a bike and going out for a nice ride. It is a lot easier on the knees than running and its a lot more fun. If you live near some trails you could even give mountain biking a try. Thats great for cardio and general fitness.

Cipo

For overall fitness, hard to beat running, even though it can be hard on the knees. Swimming and biking run close seconds. But if you're trying to lose weight, it doesn't make much difference. Whatever gets your heartrate up will work.

i think cardio and jump rope would be the best, also tae bo is pretty physically demanding.

Boxing or Kickboxing...2 of the hardest workouts I have ever done.

Elite_Fry
    heya.. thanks for the help
    jsut to add on that, im not trying to lose weight/fat.. just trying to improve my fitness

Elite_Fry
    any advance?

Good Broly
    Circuit training.

Do alot of things with very little rest time in between each excercise. 1 minute run, then 1 minute pushups, then 1 minute run, then 1 minute crunches, then 1 minute run, then 1 minute pullups, then 1 minute run, then one minute jumping jacks, then one minute run, then one minute leg lifts, then one minute run, then one minute whatever and continue doing this until you get all the excercise varietys you want, then repeat.

With as little time in between each excercise as possible. That will really poop you out, but once you get used to it, your overall fitness will go through the roof

Good Bro
    gymtime is right...in my opinion. There are no wrong answers when it comes to exercising. You might want to think about incorporating interval training (high intensity bouts followed by low intensity bouts) that is the most intense and calorie burning way to exercise. I would do it on a tredmill, because more muscle groups are involved, also it just feels like the best way to overload the cardiovascular system....actually basketball i think is the best(because it is fun also).

All Natural
    play a sport

cardio sucks inside a gym. nothing better than playing hockey in the summer with a bunch of 13 year old skaters...damn kids have infinite energy.....