Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best exercises for shoulders and back

patro

What are the most effective lifting exercises to work the shoulders and back? My shitty gym has a big Nautilus machine and dumbells, but no barbells.

What would you reccomend?

definitely i agree with the db overhead presses but with no barbells i would go with one armed db rows for the back, no barbells? i would look around for a new gym, u mean u cant squat, any benching, deadlift or many other great core exercises.

Yeah, no barbells. It's in my condo so it's very close and convenient, plus free.

I can do squats on the Nautilus squat machine, but it only goes up to 200lbs.

But deadlifts and benchpresses....I can't do. I'm pretty much a beginner and I'm just learning how to get into the right mentality.

If it weren't for this gym I woudn't be working out. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't find a better one, right?

-Patro

the People's Champ said:
with that siad, I'd say bent over db rows for back and military db presses for shoulders

Aside from these great ones, lateral raises for shoulders (front-side), maybe even arnold presses if u want variety, but may stress rotatot cuff for some.

If they have a chin up bar then shoot for some wide grip chins for a great back builder.

For the shoulders, rip them up with dumb bell military presses. Include them somewhere in your shoulder workout each time. As for back, I love lat pull-downs and I love cable rows, but the cambered-bar, bent-over rows are excellent... Explode with it and you will get jacked.

:kaioken:

The best width builder for back is def chins, the best thickener is barbell rows.

shoulders....seated dumbell presses are king.
Much better than barbell presses because you have to use more stabalizer muscles to control the weight and get a great range of movement.

Top Bottom