Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best exercises for military

Rudolf

Hey , I am thinking of joining the military and I want some good exercises that promote strenght.

I dont care about looks or size (I dont want to look like a freak either)

I want a very functional and symetrical(as in not having a body part way bigger than the other) body.

I was wondering what were the best exercises to gain strenght or help me with military stuff.

I know pull ups are very popular to train soldiers and I plan on using them.

What other exercises should I use? I also plan on doing alot of running and swimming for resistance.

Also what is the best?
pushups or benchpress?

Thanks

For general strength, train as you usually do or you could try a 5x5 method. Deadlifts, squats, bench, dips, military press, chins.

BUT if you want to train for say passing a military Physical Readiness Test- pushups, situps, chin/pull-ups, and run, run, run..........................You didnt say which branch of service, because it does matter

Marine corps-run 3 mile tests, pull ups and I believe situps also
Navy-run 1 1/2 miles, situps and pushups
Air Force- From what i understand dont worry about it.
Army- I believe close to marine corps

I dont want to train to pass any specific test , but I just want increased strenght , as to make life in the military and in combat easier. I want to be able to walk fairly easily with a 60 pound backpack for long periods of time and just to increase my strenght in general.

I wont join the american military as I am not american , but I guess pull ups and lots of running is pretty universal.I am still in college and find it very boring , waking up at 6 every morning to learn the most useless shit on earth (liberal arts). So Ive been thiking hard about a career in the military , I live in canada so canadian military comes up to mind , but ive been getting lots of info on the french foreign legion lately.

anyways i aint sure about anything but id like to be more practical with my training method just in case I join.

also can you tell me the benefits and differences of pushups and benchpressing?

Thanks man

Last edited:
get a strong chest with push ups,and bench ,throw in squats and deads and you will get hella strong

big three alwaya work for strength

As far as building functional "real world" strength and endurance, You might want to consider the so called "dinosaur training" exercises.The most common implement is a heavy sandbag.Some sample exercises I have trained that I have used productively and that would serve your purpose would be:Bearhug and walk with a heavy sandbag.Loading/unloading a heavy sandbag onto a 4 foot high platform, and walking distances with heavy dumbells.This type of training not only builds functional strength, but mental toughness as well, which is critical in military training.It also gets you used to caring heavy loads like a seabag or battle pack long distances.
As was previously mentioned, basic calisthenics like push-ups,sit-ups,pull-ups and squat thrusts will build a good strength/endurance foundation.If running and swimming is to be included in your program, you might want to do some interval training like 20 sec sprints interspersed with 60 sec at a slower pace.Hope this helped.Good luck.

Top Bottom