Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Exercise For Traps - Besides Heavy Deads

wildonsquats

Today was back day for me so I did my usual:

Bent-over Barbell Rows
185 x 11,9,6

Deadlifts
305 x 8, 315 x 7, 325 x 5

Wide-Grip Pullups
6,5,5 @ 230 pounds

Close-Grip Pulldowns
210 x 6,5,4

Then I did my traps:

Shrugs
335 x 10,8,7

Behind the Back Shrugs
275 x 9, 7, 6

Then cardio for half an hour.

But since I joined a new gym I have all sorts of new equipment to play with that I got to watch people use from my treadmill.

Hammer Strength for lats (not sure but its got handles for widegrip and close grip (either for upright row or just for shrugs i guess)

So, without keeping my volume too high on back day... should i be changing any of my exercises at all? I'm pretty happy with the back exercises already.

Any input would be appreciated.

i like upright rows with the ez curl bars

try the calf machine too that seems to hit them hard, get your shoulers to your ears

I like rack pulls. It's basically just the top half of a deadlift, done out of the rack.

i like to use heavy bb shrugs - other than deads, i have gotten the best growth from this exercise

I do power shrugs. Basically a little knee bend and snap the weight up quickly. But I'm an olympic lifter and do this to help my lifts.

Last edited:
alternate barbell shrugs with single arm DB shrugs. bb shrugs for maximum weight. db shrugs for maximum ROM. go extreme heavy :)

Top Bottom