Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best bicep routine for an injured shoulder?

Maybe try a bunch of exercises and see which ones don't hurt?

Dunno, maybe barbell curls and standing dumbell curls

Preacher curls will take the majority of your shoulder out of the movement. I would stay away from excersizes such as incline dumbel curls which tend to put a lot of stress on the shoulder joints. Peace.

InTraining said:
Dunno, maybe barbell curls and standing dumbell curls

If you have an injured shoulder, you're gonna have to be careful about these two, if you choose to do them. Too many people involve their delts in these movements.

A good solution, for the barbell curls, is to lean forward about 10-15 degrees. If you keep that position, it will be almost impossible to use the shoulders. Really forces you to be strict.

I would also use preacher curls.

Good luck with the injury.

Be careful about doing preacher curls with a bad shoulder. My therapist adviced me to stay away from them during my shoulder recovery due to the pressure it placed on the shoulder. During my rehab I did hammer curls and light db curls.

Hmmm. Find that odd. Preachers force the shoulder girdle to remain stationary. If one does dumbell curls or hammers, isnt the chance of initiating unwanted shoulder movement greater. Im no therapist, just seems like common sense. But point taken.

From Zero said:
If you have an injured shoulder, you're gonna have to be careful about these two, if you choose to do them. Too many people involve their delts in these movements.

A good solution, for the barbell curls, is to lean forward about 10-15 degrees. If you keep that position, it will be almost impossible to use the shoulders. Really forces you to be strict.

I would also use preacher curls.

Good luck with the injury.

Good points...as form breaks down towards the end of the set many will begin to swing or use momentum...

punch said:
Hmmm. Find that odd. Preachers force the shoulder girdle to remain stationary. If one does dumbell curls or hammers, isnt the chance of initiating unwanted shoulder movement greater. Im no therapist, just seems like common sense. But point taken.

I thought the same thing, but the biggest thing that they preached was not letting your form breakdown. If that meant going to a ridiculously light weight then that is what they did. I felt like a fool standing there with a pair of five pound db's doing curls, but it worked wonders for me.

As for the preacher curl, it stabalizes the shoulder, but you also notice a pull on the shoulder when doing them. That was what they worried about.

Gotcha. I guess as long as your not hurling the weights around. Most bicep movements would be ok if done on the conservative side.

Top Bottom