Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best bench

best bench

• 100 and up

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • 200 and up

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • 300 and up

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • 400 and up

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • 500 and up

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
240# More of a narrow grip, suicide grip. Not too dedicated though, up till then. I know I have lots more potential if I stick with it.
Got to see a guy at our college gym bench something like 515#.
That was pretty cool. Didnt see a shirt though, unless he had one underneath his shirt.

I really don't use barbell anymore, I stick to dumbells. I can hit 150's for 2 sets of 8-10. I just don't max on bench.

I've got a friend who did 600lbs (gym not platform) at a bodyweight of I believe 176lbs. (The only reason I mention a club lift is his "club" was a hardcore powerlifting gym that had 3 meet judges evaluating his lift for tournament form. All three judges gave him the thumbs up.) He got meet lifts 3 times of 595lbs... but never got the 600lbs in tournament. He had lifts of over 500lbs more than 40 times in competition.

There was a long thread about this ages ago in chat.

I've abandoned flat barbell bench as well.... Last time I did it, which was probably close to 5 months ago... I was doing sets of 5 with 230... very weak for my bodyweight...

I've switched to incline Barbells as my main chest movement and I'm repping sets of 5 at 195 now... I have experienced WAY better growth since moving to inclines... I still do 2 sets of flat dumbell bench press as an accessory movement... but am much more of an incline fan these days.

Thanks

Re: Big Benches

Heather Darling said:
Here comes the post you've all been waiting for 455 x 6. It's on video so if anyone's interested in confirming it just pop over to HeatherDarling.com or BigHeatherD.com and check it out.

Wow!!! That is very impressive. Unfortunately, unless you are a man named Heather, you are full of shit. The most any human female has ever bench pressed is 450 lbs, done by Karen Sizemore of Ohio. That was for a single, it was done in front of 3 IPA judges in a double denim shirt with tons and tons of witnesses.

I myself must disagree for myself personally, with what BigBuck has to say. I am a powerlifter, for me, it IS about how much you can lift, not what you would appear to be able to lift. I am amazed if they are telling the truth at how many extremely strong individuals there are on this board.

I myself have benched 505 in a powerlifting meet. I weighed 233 lbs when I weighed in for that meet. I have benched 500 at 220 before in a meet. Hundred or more witnesses for each of these lifts. I have also done a 565 lb 2 board press. This is on video. And Tommy Fannon's site has some old videos of me benching going as high as low 500's on reverse band press.

Oh, and I am five seven and about 235 to 240 as I type this, and dead sexy.

And SofaGeorge, who was your freind? I believe those numbers you are talking about are very near, if not exceeding, the all time world record at 181 bodyweight. Mike Bridges never even benched that much. Trying to think of who he could be.

B.

I think I had out to Karen at that meet Benchmonster, not sure but think that was it. Her lock out is awesome.

Top Bottom