Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Back exercise ???

Jnic103

I am trying to put on a lot of size on my back and lats which are lacking in size compared to my other body parts. What do you think are the best exercises for back and lats?

thanks

Jnic103 said:
I am trying to put on a lot of size on my back and lats which are lacking in size compared to my other body parts. What do you think are the best exercises for back and lats?

thanks

For overall size, deadlifts.

For lats, probably some kind of row or wide-grip pull-ups.

Joker

Must be deads, cos they are my main back exercise and many people have mentioned i have a pretty big back for someone who hardly does any pullup type execises

Deads will add thickness fom front to back in your Spinal Erector Muscles. Dumbell Rows will add Lat thickness from front to back. Reverse-grip heavy pulldowns will add width to your lats. You can add a few others just for shaping, but if you only had to do 3, those would be it in my opinion.

Deads are the best. It has been shown that pulldowns with a narrow grip or reverse grip are in fact much better for lats than a wide grip. The wide grip thing is a myth if you ask me, it mainly will work your rear delts and the muscles really high on your back. If you want lat width, a narrow/medium grip will give you the longest ROM. I would choose barbell rows over DB's unless your gym has really heavy dumbells. I need at least 150's at a minimum to do a decent set of 6-8, and I'm afraid to say not many gyms go that high.

Hey, I was just wondering are deadlifts for overall back size or mainly for lower back? When I do deadlifts my lower back muscles are a little more sore than any other muscles on my back. Could just be that my lower back muscles need some work, but I am just courious....

Thanks

Top Bottom