Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best ab exercises?

E

Elite_Fry

anyone know what the best ab exercises are to strengthen them?

The 2 BEST ab exersices as demonstrated in a recent study using EMG (sp) and around 20 diff exersices are;

Upper abs = Crunches on a exersice ball
Lower abs = Lying down mid-air Bicycles

you can not work a specific part of your abs; lower and upper were made up. The two best exercises for abs are either spinal flexion or stabilization of the spine.

The best strengthening exercises:

Knee Raisers (excellent)
Decline Ab Curls (Most effective with weights)
Crunches

And try get yourself a Swiss Ball or flex ball the're millions of ways to improve your centre power using the ball

Good luck

sysopt said:
you can not work a specific part of your abs; lower and upper were made up. The two best exercises for abs are either spinal flexion or stabilization of the spine.

music to my ears.:D

i love the "leg raise" for strengthening lower abs........:rolleyes:

lower ab burn ie, hip flexors.

Just to clear some things up ..

I was stating the facts from a study exerpted from MD - thier terminology not mine (regarding upper/lower abs).

Although scientists have proved regional exersices do indeed work for some bodyparts like chest - Im not sold on the upper-lower ab deal myself.

Pullup

I hang on my pullup bar and lift my legs up (I've heard it was a good ab excer) but it seems to just hit the tops of my legs instead of my abs... am I doing it wrong?

bignate73 said:

music to my ears.:D

i love the "leg raise" for strengthening lower abs........:rolleyes:

lower ab burn ie, hip flexors.

thanks nate :D

nice to know there's someone out there who is very knowledgeable

and to the dude who mentioned EMG, don't make your conclusions so quickly; it is not as simple as it looks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom