Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bent over row stalling

donny43

I have been on the SF 5x5 for the last 5 weeks.
All my lifts have been progressing well going up approx %2-%3 each week.
However with my bent over rows this is how I have progressed on the 1x5(monday) day.
Week 1 85kg
week 2 87.5 kg
week 3 88.5
week4 90 (4 reps)
week 5 90 (4reps)

My sets from 1->4 on week 4 + 5 were
1x60 kg
1x65 kg
1x71 kg
1x81 kg

I have never done this type of row before at the 90 degree angle therefore it would be to early to start stalling on progress I would think.
My chinups are still going up like the rest of my lifts but I seem to be stuck on 90KG for the Bent over row.
88.5 in week 3 was OK and its only another 1.5 kg but I cant get the 5 th rep.
Did I start out to high in week 1?
I can lift this weight for 3 reps.
Any ideas anyone?

DOn't worry too much about 1 lift. Worry when the squats and majority of the rest start bombing. Try again this week and if necessary back it down (try 80kg) and come back up again (just on the row since you other lifts are fine). You might have just started it too high and can't get it going.

Something that worked for me once was to lessen my angle to about 45 deg. This was something recommended by Yates, and I assume others as well. Of course you can automatically lift more this way, but the thinking is to get some explosiveness into the movement, not cheating but using more adjoining muscle groups as well to help develop your overall strength. This also allows you to get a handle on pulling heavier weight so when you return to your normal way of doing things you have an added perspective.

Top Bottom