Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BenchMonster, BigOkie, and screwball training pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to give those rev band presses a try...but I just know that my bands would snap in two and I'd be one squished little guy then...

B True

yeah they look huge. I did reverse bands today w/ the light bands. i hit 210... only 440 more lbs until i catch up to benchmonster

Thanks, Deciever! I really appreciate you taking the time to post the pics. You are now an honorary member of the "Okie Crew".

Thanks to Benchmonster for allowing BigOkie and I to train at the Dungeon again. My best workouts come when I train with the Okie crew. This is how the workout went:

Reverse Blue Band Press off of a 2-board

We worked up in weight and then put our shirts on. BigOkie hit 405 easy and fast. He missed at 455 because he didn't stay in his groove. I hit 550 pretty easy but it was a little sloppy. I went for 600 but it was too much. I think I'm good for 575 right now and the next time I hit these I'll hit 600. Benchmonster hit 600 easy and fast. He went for 650 but he fell out of his groove and had an uneven extension. But it was quick off of the bottom and I'm sure he'll nail 650+ the next time he hits these.

Side note on my 600 attempt. I strained for a long time and my right hammy cramped real bad. After I racked the weight I proceeded in performing a 1-legged jig for Benchmonster & BigOkie. It was a nice little dance, if I do say so myself. Hurt though.

Reverse Blue Band Close-grip Press

We worked up in weight, hitting 5's, then 3's, then singles. BigOkie hit in the low 400's I believe and Benchmonster & I gave 500 a ride.

Prone Blue Band Rows - Barbell Suspended in the Rack

We pulled the suspended barbell (blue bands) down to the point where we want our competition bench press to touch. We did 4-5 sets of 12-15 reps with a static contraction hold on the last rep for 5+ seconds. Worked really well.

Seated Dumbbell Cleans

We all used a 25 lb. dumbbell and did 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps.

Finished up with some light hammers.

Great workout and I'm still sore as hell. Can't wait to do it all again.

Thanks for posting those pics, Deceiver.

Honestly, though, those pictures do not do bigokie and Screwball justice. They are both so huge it is scary. bigokie is 6 foot 5 and around 280 and growing fast, and Screwball is 6 foot 2 and a shade over 300 lbs, and you can see by the pics, neither one of them is fat. I am five seven, and about 225 to 230 in the pics.

Next time we will have to take a side by side pic of the three of us.

A wider angle would have allowed you to see the plates on the bar, but the plates we are claiming were there . . . honest.

Thanks again to Deceiver.

B.

It may be important to note that we only had 8 - 45 lb. plates. So, when we go above 405 lbs. we have to start slapping mutiple 35 lb. & 25 lb. plates on, as well as 10's, 5's & 2 1/2's. The digital camera I used is really basic. I needed a wide angle lens in order to get the entire power rack with loaded barbell. Next time I'll take a video camera and do a much better job at capturing the moment.

any time guys...such an honor to be part of the 'okie crew', thanks.

ALL the weight you guys were movin is incredible... and your right, the pics didnt do you guys justice... You guys looked like normal size people, except screwball, he's just scary, Next time you take a pic, get eveyrone in together and have Mrs bench monster stand next to you. That could be pretty comical.

Looks like you need to go out and buy some 100lb plates... you guys are getting too strong for those 45s

I am thinking about buying another pair of 45's and maybe a pair of 100's, but they are a bastard to store and not much fun to move around either, but honestly using the smaller plates we are starting to run out of room on the bar. on the 650 there was not much room left after we put on the collars.

Damn, that felt good to say.

B.

Benchmonster, don't buy any 100's until I give you the go ahead. I'm trying to work on a deal so that I can make a small donation to the Dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom