Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Benching...think I hurt me head

AirWolf

I was benching on Friday - pushing myself pretty hard and all of a sudden got a pounding headache. It went away - but then it happened again when I was benching today. It's just absolutely pounding - it settles down throughout the rest of my workout and is gone by the time I leave the gym...but I swear I feel like I'm about to pass out.

Any ideas whats causing it or how to make it stop?

AirWolf said:
I was benching on Friday - pushing myself pretty hard and all of a sudden got a pounding headache. It went away - but then it happened again when I was benching today. It's just absolutely pounding - it settles down throughout the rest of my workout and is gone by the time I leave the gym...but I swear I feel like I'm about to pass out.

Any ideas whats causing it or how to make it stop?
Bloodclot in your brain. You're gonna die. No I'm just kidding. No clue, but that's my guess. Go to the doc and have your head scanned.

Make sure you are breathing when you exercise, its very easy to get so focused on the weight that you forget to breath correctly.

With the exception of squats you should breath in as you lower the weight and out (as hard as you like) as you lift it.

mad_monkey59 said:
Make sure you are breathing when you exercise, its very easy to get so focused on the weight that you forget to breath correctly.

With the exception of squats you should breath in as you lower the weight and out (as hard as you like) as you lift it.

Yah - my breathing is good...I've lifted heavier weights before and never had a problem.

AirWolf said:
Yah - my breathing is good...I've lifted heavier weights before and never had a problem.

Make sure that you are drinking enough water. I remember having the worst headache of life after neglecting my hydration. I remember a pounding sensation in my head, feeling dizzy and my vision going funny when I was lifting. Also are you sleeping properly? this can cause lifting headaches for me as well.

I'd go and get it checked out if it persists mate...

mad_monkey59 said:
Make sure that you are drinking enough water. I remember having the worst headache of life after neglecting my hydration. I remember a pounding sensation in my head, feeling dizzy and my vision going funny when I was lifting. Also are you sleeping properly? this can cause lifting headaches for me as well.

I'd go and get it checked out if it persists mate...

Good thought - I've been sick for the past week and taking benadryl which really dehydrates me...between that and my preworkout ECA I'm probably pretty dried up.

I'll make sure to drink a solid amount before I go on Wednesday - if it doesn't clear up by Friday I'm gonna see what the doc has to say.

Dude, you're sick, taking benadryl and eca. NO DUH you're getting a headache while benching. When you get sick your head generally hurts and/or throbs from pressure when bending over or lifting anything remotely heavy.

My advice, take a day off and get off the benadryl and eca and SLEEP.

seems like a common problem, When i got it, went to the doc he said it was a pressure headache, when you go hard the blood pressure gets ya, if your holding your breath at all during a bench set that could be one cause, thats how i got mine. Im talking 1-3 sec of holding my breath not anything that major, it took a few weeks to totally go away. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone - I'll lay off the benadryl and really watch my breathing...hopefully this will clear up and I can keep pushing hard.

I did this to myself once by holding my breath in and forcing out a last rep on dips once. It felt like something in my brain popped. It hurt to do any sort of exertion lift for about a week after. Go easy.

Top Bottom