Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Benching more weight with db's than with bb's

wildonsquats

Got a friend and it's kinda strange, he can db bench more than he can bench with the barbell. What do you think would be his sticking point, or if there is anything he can do to change this?

i know that some people bench with their palms facing them, so the DBs are parallel to their body as opposed to perpindicular

that's what im thinking is going on here

Like jeremys said , DB's parallel with your body is much easier then DB's held with your palms away from your face.

My first guess was that he's using a shorter range of motion with the db's. Place an imaginery line between the the two db's and watch to see if it's in the neighborhood of touching his chest. I've seen many lifters cut these about 3 or 4 inches too short.

i used to be the same way. i db pressed all the time, was doin 120s, never cared for the bb. couple months ago, tried the bb and was surprised at how little i could do. stuck with it for a few months, now rollin with the big boys.

If you can do 120's with dbells, but can't bench the same....I dunno, that's just sad, and I still can't see how it is possible. I'd go with pwr machines theory though, that he probably has a range of motion with dbells that consists of about 5 inches from lockout, to the point when he is pressing. I see tons of guys doing that. They don't do the same on bench in my opinion, because it looks more obvious that they are cheating, as everyone knows you go to chest on a classic bench. Let me guess, your friend screams alot, and slams the dbells as well. I hate guys like that. Why is it that every gym has at least one though?!:rolleyes:

Atomic Punk said:
Let me guess, your friend screams alot, and slams the dbells as well. I hate guys like that. Why is it that every gym has at least one though?!:rolleyes:

hah even though i dislike you, i also hate guys like that. i saw a 155lb guy doing DB presses with 35's and he was screeming like he had a fuckin hurnia. i looked at him and said "what was that? did you say something?" and he shut up after that.

Atomic Punk said:
I dunno, that's just sad

You sure do speak your opinions, don't you ...

Instead of saying some asshole thing like that, man, why not give some advice, or some positive input?

Top Bottom