Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench Pressing

psychedout said:
Where should the bar be toucing on your chest? Nipple level? I find that is pretty close to where I touch.

ive always had the problem of banging the bar off the rungs sometimes when pressing so i go right below that area.

Between the nipples and the upper abs. That's your range, don't step outside the boundary. The wider your grip, the higher up it will be, naturally. Closegrip bench? Upper abdominals. Generic power bench? Across the nipples.

don't flare your elbows out... they should be drawn in towards the body on the decent... this will get the bar where it needs to be for the most power...

I don't let the bar touch my chest. I will bring it down to about an inch or so. I do this to avoid the famous bounce that you see so many do. Other wise the bar is around the nipple area.

There are better ways to avoid the bounce such as not bouncing. If you never work the full range of motion you'll be weak lifting the bar off your chest on the day that it does go all the way down.

I used to do the same for fear that I wouldn't be able to get the bar off of my chest if I allowed it to go too low. Just bite the bullet and do a full range: I don't know anyone who works the full movement and has a sticking point right on their chest so don't fear touching down.

Top Bottom