Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bench press spacing?

Beanpoll5

How wide do you grab the bar when you bench press? have you ever tried benching with very little spacing in between the grip? how about doing wide grips? I am curious to learn more about it because in the gym everyone usually has the same moderate grip.

i space it a few inches away from the smooth part where it gets bumpy on the bar to the outside. that is a standard powerlifting grip

keeping the grip in too tight puts a lot of strain on your wrists, i would be careful especially if you are older

I mix it up to work different groups and fibers. When I'm trying to bench heavy though, I have a moderately wide grip so that upper arms is more or less at 45 degrees to the centerline of my body when the bar is fully lowered. Everyone is going to have different body mechanics and what works for one person may not work for the next.

I use more of a close grip due to a shoulder injury. The wider you go, the more risk and stress on the shoulder. I am sticking to dumbbells right now though.

Top Bottom