Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bench Press Alternatives????

SurfinDaily

I have only been lifting and on my high calorie diet for like 3 months now, and i have seen some pretty decent gains, but i injured my shoulder when i fell out of a tree like 8 years ago when i was 10, the only exercise that hurts me it the flat benchpress, i can do dumbell flyes, and the inclined press, but not the regular bench because after the first set my shoulder is killin me, are there any alternatives to get my chest bigger?????????????

Forget the bench press, you are better off using incline presses for overall pectoral development.

Most people who become injured on bench press are not benching properly, plus the movement is insufficient for developing a complete chest.

You can't go wrong with:

1. Incline Barbell or Dumbbell Presses - 1 x 8-12 (3 warmup sets)
2. Parallel Dips - 1 x 8-12
3. Flat Bench DB Flyes - 1 x 8-12

Thanks, yeah that is usually what i do for my chest, DB Flyes and inclined bench, but i want one more exercise to add in there, this might sound dumb, but how do you do a parallel dip?

Dips dips dips... best chest builder there is.

After that:

Incline dumbell press, incline press, incline flies.

anyone got a site that shows animated chest dip movements. I'm not sure if I do dips right for the chest. I know ceratin ways do the chest and others do the triceps.

flex123 said:
anyone got a site that shows animated chest dip movements. I'm not sure if I do dips right for the chest. I know ceratin ways do the chest and others do the triceps.

It is definitely an art to learn the difference between chest and triceps dips. They aren't remotely the same animal.

When doing dips for chest i lean forward quite a bit and keep my elbows slightly outwards. Just do them a few times untill you can feel that you are pushing mainly with your chest.

Top Bottom