Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bench 320 tips

DavidNeil

what's up guys, I know all of you have lots of knowledge about body building that's why you are here assisting people, If you have to give a few tips to a person looking to bench 320 what would your advice be?
That's my goal and I got stuck at 290 and my goal is 320, thank you.

I'm a big fan of singles. Let's say I got to the point of hitting 290 x 4 x 1 reps. Then I tried 320lb and bombed. I'd go back to hitting the 290 but work to get 6, 7 or 8 singles. In essence it's working the percentages.

What's you routine, sets, reps and weights?

Keep working you will eventually exceed 290. Something that works for me is I add weights in small increments to every lift. I never go back I am always slowly and minimally increasing my lifts. I have 0.25lb weights I use, most gyms dont provide them but you can get them online and they can help add weight to your lifts for sure!

Keep working you will eventually exceed 290. Something that works for me is I add weights in small increments to every lift. I never go back I am always slowly and minimally increasing my lifts. I have 0.25lb weights I use, most gyms dont provide them but you can get them online and they can help add weight to your lifts for sure!

Even 2-inch washers will work.

The longer you have been lifting, the harder it will be to make additional gains. Taking your bench from 200 to 300 is going to take a lot more time and effort then making it go from 100 to 200.

Just stay focused man. Don't give up. Try to add 2.5 pound plates to each side of the bar every couple of weeks. I know it doesn't seem like much but do that 6 times and boom, there's your 30 pound increase

Top Bottom