Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Belt Vs No Belt

How often do you wear a belt at the gym?

• Everytime i lift!

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Only with heavy lifts

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Only olympic/power lifts

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Never

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Everytime i lift!

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Only with heavy lifts

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Only olympic/power lifts

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Never

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters

iggy

Elite Mentor
Platinum
How many times have you gone to your gym and found at least two people using a belt at every exercise they do. Some just use belts for lower back support on heavy deadlifts, snatches, power cleans, or squats, but how often do you use a belt?
I myself never use a belt, but might start using it slightly because i'm deadlifting around 315x5 now.
But it boggles my mind how some people still keep on their belt when they bench press or do bicep curls. I heard that using a belt dramatically decreases the challenge of the weight your doing when you squat or deadlift.
Not sure if that information is accurate though.

I think a belt can make deads more difficult as it takes out the low back. Could be wrong here.

Also, I think many people that wear a belt continue to wear it because there is no place to put it. And if you work at a gym like mine th elocker room is too far and I wouldn't want to carry it around.

I wear a competition legal Inzer Lever Belt on ALL Squats, Deadlifts (to minimize oblique development), and when the weight gets heavy Overhead press, Bench press, and cheat curls.

To Pappad: Belt doesn't take out the lower back, it re-enforces it so it's no longer the weak link allowing greater muscle development elsewhere - IMO.

Powerbuilder333 said:
I wear a competition legal Inzer Lever Belt on ALL Squats, Deadlifts (to minimize oblique development), and when the weight gets heavy Overhead press, Bench press, and cheat curls.

To Pappad: Belt doesn't take out the lower back, it re-enforces it so it's no longer the weak link allowing greater muscle development elsewhere - IMO.

Fair enough! I feel like it takes my lower back out of it a little because it helps correct my form.

I stopped using a belt about a year ago. I feel my lifts actually have gotten stronger from it. I have pulled 560, oly squat 405, and ohp 315 all without it. It has made my core much more stable and i don't think i will ever use one again

All I know is my power back kills me after deads if I don't wear mine! I am getting old though! LOL

I use a belt during competition and when going heavy in the gym. I don't use it on deads till I'm over 500 and not on rack pulls till I'm over 600.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Only when going for 1 rep max and even then rarely. I dont like to be dependent on equipment. Just chalk, skin and weights

I don't use one cause I feel like my core gets a better workout without and I don't want to become reliant on one.

My workout attire consist of gym clothes, flat shoes and chalk if I need a bit of extra grip... don't really need anything else, maby buy some running shoes if I planned on running but I can still walk or jog slowly in my flat shoes all day without it bothering me.

Top Bottom