Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Belt Vs No Belt

How often do you wear a belt at the gym?

• Everytime i lift!

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Only with heavy lifts

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Only olympic/power lifts

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Never

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Everytime i lift!

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Only with heavy lifts

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Only olympic/power lifts

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Never

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters
I don't use a belt, I feel it gives you a false sense of security, and increases your chance of injury, because your body now doesn't know where or when to stop ( in time). Also, if you need a belt to lift something, maybe you shouldn't be lifting it. But, that's just me...

BTW... The military has forbidden it's members from wearing lifting safety belts for that exact same reason.

Much respect for all, take care...

i used one all the time when i started doin squats n deads, just untill my form was down, now i only use it for heavy lifts

GUARDIAN said:
only for heavy deads, squats, overhead presses. and rows.

+1

I wear a loose belt for RDLs, OHPs, and BB rows just to remind my self to keep a tight core. For my Heavy squats, and front squats I do wear my belt tight.

when i was in highschool I played football and i wore a belt and wrist wraps for every single rep of deadlift, even warm up. now i never wear a belt. but i think the belt is a good piece of equipment, i have nothing against it. for some guys it's a mental thing whatever works right?

I was wondering the same thing. I never wear one, nor have I tried to wear one. I'll have to try it sometime.

i just started useing one since i hurt my lower back and it allows me to workout with the pain

Iggy- said:
How many times have you gone to your gym and found at least two people using a belt at every exercise they do. Some just use belts for lower back support on heavy deadlifts, snatches, power cleans, or squats, but how often do you use a belt?
I myself never use a belt, but might start using it slightly because i'm deadlifting around 315x5 now.
But it boggles my mind how some people still keep on their belt when they bench press or do bicep curls. I heard that using a belt dramatically decreases the challenge of the weight your doing when you squat or deadlift.
Not sure if that information is accurate though.

I put it on at 405 for deep squats, 455 for deads, 500 for rack pulls, and 250 for OHP but I'm no Scotsman for my max lifts. These are all about 75-80% or so of my max lifts except OHP which is closer to 90% max.

Top Bottom