Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is being over 220lbs achievable without steroids? Please read

that link posted says for someone 6 foot they wont ever get over 196 lbs lbm. im over that right now at 21 years old and i feel like i can put on way more.

it said what about the mega athletes that are 280 lbs huge. and it said they have like 30 percent body fat so that puts them back at 196.

what fucking athletes have 30 percent body fat is that a joke?

Im pretty sure i have better then average genetics but there are so many people i see on a daily basis bigger and leaner then me and they cant all have used aas.

end rant.

Let me see... 30% and a mega athlete...

Zydrunas Savickas
Brian Shaw
Hossein Rezazadeh
Most of the left tackles in the NFL
More powerlifters than I can name

Shall I go on?

B-

Zydrunas Savickas
Brian Shaw
Hossein Rezazadeh <---- Strong as fuck

Shall I go on?

B-

See above.

that link posted says for someone 6 foot they wont ever get over 196 lbs lbm. im over that right now at 21 years old and i feel like i can put on way more.

What model were you using? Casey Butt's model is the most popular one but i'm using Mike Berkhan's because I am not measuring myself until my diet finishes in 4 weeks.

Mike Berkhan's model puts 6 foot people at 182lbs but with 5% bodyfat. Lean, 6 foot people won't get past 175 but that excludes 5-10lbs water weight.

Also, it's a genetic potential calculator-aas aren't factored in

Should I rely on the Berkhan model or should I also try out Casey's model?

I'm already 145lbs lean (no water weight), I can reach my genetic potential (according to Berkhan) in approximately one year (my potential comes out as 160-163 dehydrated/0% bodyfat- 165-173 hydrated).

Considering I want 10-15% bodyfat yearly, it shows I can be between 181.5 and 198 lbs. What do you think?

What's your opinion/experience on these models?

P.S.
Arnold comes out at 194 with Berkhan-he was 240-250 in contest shape but he did use juice tho

Zydrunas Savickas
Brian Shaw
Hossein Rezazadeh

Shall I go on?

B-

those guys are 70-100 lbs over what i was talking about..
Zydrunas Savickas 385 lbs
Brian Shaw 370 lbs
Hossein Rezazadeh 350 lbs

I guess we are just on different pages on what we consider a mega athlete. 385 lb power lifters that get light headed just tying their shoes arent what i consider the definition of athletic.

i dont know if i have a bad image on what 30% bf looks like but i dont see most tackles being 30% but they are over 300 lbs so if they were 280 im sure theyd be lower.

but after all that rant.. my whole point was strip these dudes of their body fat and they are over 195 lbs of lbm.. are they not?

heres what a 280 lb mega athlete looks like to me :)
Lesnar.Carwin.jpg

Agreed. To a point.

My training partner, Jason Bergmann could probably be considered, pound for pound, the strongest man in strongman. Yet he is only 285 and 5' 10" and pretty ripped. I woud say he is < 15% bf. He doesn't look too different from the pics you posted.

B-

What model were you using? Casey Butt's model is the most popular one but i'm using Mike Berkhan's because I am not measuring myself until my diet finishes in 4 weeks.

Mike Berkhan's model puts 6 foot people at 182lbs but with 5% bodyfat. Lean, 6 foot people won't get past 175 but that excludes 5-10lbs water weight.

Also, it's a genetic potential calculator-aas aren't factored in

Should I rely on the Berkhan model or should I also try out Casey's model?

I'm already 145lbs lean (no water weight), I can reach my genetic potential (according to Berkhan) in approximately one year (my potential comes out as 160-163 dehydrated/0% bodyfat- 165-173 hydrated).

Considering I want 10-15% bodyfat yearly, it shows I can be between 181.5 and 198 lbs. What do you think?

What's your opinion/experience on these models?

P.S.
Arnold comes out at 194 with Berkhan-he was 240-250 in contest shape but he did use juice tho

it is what it is i guess. just doesnt apply to me i know that. but the average joe is way smaller then me i suppose. at 5% body fat id still be over 200 lbs. my bones and organs might weigh more then 175. but i also wear a 13 shoe, have 10.5 inch ankles and almost 8 inch wrists with hands big enough palm basketballs on a bounce.

Agreed. To a point.

My training partner, Jason Bergmann could probably be considered, pound for pound, the strongest man in strongman. Yet he is only 285 and 5' 10" and pretty ripped. I woud say he is < 15% bf. He doesn't look too different from the pics you posted.

B-

People who are 300 lbs plus may be strong as an ox, but I do not feel they are all that "healthy" bro...must be pretty hard keeping on all the weight without shit food and eating too much and pumping too much blood to the heart, etc...so many factors...

People like Magnus are genetic freaks, but generally, it's not healthy

Are you telling me Razazadeh is healthy? look at him...he looks fuckin ugly and disgusting

People who are 300 lbs plus may be strong as an ox, but I do not feel they are all that "healthy" bro...must be pretty hard keeping on all the weight without shit food and eating too much and pumping too much blood to the heart, etc...so many factors...

People like Magnus are genetic freaks, but generally, it's not healthy

Are you telling me Razazadeh is healthy? look at him...he looks fuckin ugly and disgusting

All points agreed and well taken. As a general rule I think you are right. Of course there are going to be exceptions like Shaw and Bergmann, but like I said, they are the exceptions.

One thing I would point out though, is that I would venture to say that we could call the top strongmen competitors athletic. Remember that their events not only test functional strength, but speed, agility and endurance under load.

B-

All points agreed and well taken. As a general rule I think you are right. Of course there are going to be exceptions like Shaw and Bergmann, but like I said, they are the exceptions.

One thing I would point out though, is that I would venture to say that we could call the top strongmen competitors athletic. Remember that their events not only test functional strength, but speed, agility and endurance under load.

B-

Agreed 100% with calling the top strongman competitors athletic.

Powerlifters, however, are not.

Top Bottom