Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Behind the neck pull ups?

MidwestJ

I know that behind the neck presses are bad for your shoulder and rotators but was wondering if behind the neck pull ups are too?

Tried just a few the other night and they really hit the lats good but am cautious because I don't want any long-term damage done.

So, what do you all think? Bad for you or what? Thanks.

I don't think that either one is bad for your shoulders personally. I suggest doing behind the neck presses (have injured my rotator cuffs twice on front presses) but not behind the neck pull ups. I don't suggest the behind the neck pull ups because they really don't work very much of the lat muscle. I think that you will work more muscle if you do them to the front...

Make it as compound as you possibly can...just my theory.

B True

I mean really, are they going to do any more than pull-ups to the front. There are always people who look to make this sport more difficult than it is.

behind the neck pullups look ridiculuous, first. second the form deteriorates to such a degree that it looks like someone is purposefully trying to injure themselves. there has never been any evidence that the lats are stimulated better by putting yourself in a poor postural position such as that of behind the neck work. if anything they will be inhibited more by the limitation to your range of motion and the decrease of mechanical advantage by hyperextending the shoulder.

stick to the simple shit, just learn to up the intensity.

Its not bad for you if you ahve the flexibility in your cuffs to do it, otherwise it will make your cuffs worst! Accoridng to my "7 minute Rotrary cuff Solution" book - every one go and buy it now!!!!!!!!

Its well worth it! I wonder if they have a similar book for knees and ankles?!

Cause my right ankle is all busted up from my Bball days :(

CoolColJ said:
Its not bad for you if you ahve the flexibility in your cuffs to do it, otherwise it will make your cuffs worst! Accoridng to my "7 minute Rotrary cuff Solution" book - every one go and buy it now!!!!!!!!

Its well worth it! I wonder if they have a similar book for knees and ankles?!

Cause my right ankle is all busted up from my Bball days :(

the flexibility AND correct control/form, otherwise its just entertaining to see someone doing it and wasting their time.:)

Top Bottom